New Free Cajon and Bongo library from 8DIO

Canopus

A new free Kontakt library from 8DIO called ”The New Cajon and Bongo” is now available for download. Contains 8 Solo Instruments (4 Bongos, 2 Cajon Drums, 2 CJ Snares) and 3 Ensembles (Bongo, Cajon, & Combi Ensembles). Installed Size 1.9GB (7,500+ Samples).

Download from here: https://8dio.com/instrument/the-new-cajon-and-bongo/

newcajon2-1.jpg?x92997

As always with anything from 8DIO, this library requires full Kontakt.

• Thanks 13

• 9 months later...
On 4/29/2020 at 4:35 AM, Canopus said:

A new free Kontakt library from 8DIO called ”The New Cajon and Bongo” is now available for download. Contains 8 Solo Instruments (4 Bongos, 2 Cajon Drums, 2 CJ Snares) and 3 Ensembles (Bongo, Cajons, & Combi Ensembles). Installed Size 1.9GB (7,500+ Samples).

Download from here: https://8dio.com/instrument/the-new-cajon-and-bongo/

newcajon2-1.jpg?x92997

As always with anything from 8DIO, this library requires full Kontakt.

Thank you! Samples are great

• Like 1

It must cost 8dio a LOT of money to offer all these freebies.  They spend money every time you get one.

I do think it's worth celebrating how many companies do this.  Spitfire with LABS.  ProjectSAM with the Free Orchestra.  Native Instruments with Komplete Start and a lot of other things.  Embertone. VSL with Big Bang.  And now Orchestral Tools.  The list goes on.

This is a really nice thing and these companies deserve a lot of praise for doing this.

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

32 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

It must cost 8dio a LOT of money to offer all these freebies.  They spend money every time you get one.

I do think it's worth celebrating how many companies do this.  Spitfire with LABS.  ProjectSAM with the Free Orchestra.  Native Instruments with Komplete Start and a lot of other things.  Embertone. VSL with Big Bang.  And now Orchestral Tools.  The list goes on.

This is a really nice thing and these companies deserve a lot of praise for doing this.

Agreed Reid!  They have no obligation to provide anything for free!  The fact that they says quite a bit!

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Shane_B. said:

It's not really free if I have to spend $400 on the full version of Kontakt to use it. The people who put out "free" samples for Kontakt must get some kind of kickback from NI to do this.

Actually it's the opposite.  If they write the Library to be able to be used in the FREE Player, then they 
have to pay MORE to Native Instruments, therefore not many will pay that extra for Player Compatibility!
And, since most Pro's are using the Full Version  of Kontakt, it's cheaper for the developer all the way around!

23 minutes ago, cclarry said:

And, since most Pro's are using the Full Version  of Kontakt, it's cheaper for the developer all the way around!

There's a lot of free stuff out there so it's not a big deal but to lock your "free" offerings to a bit of software that costs a lot of money seems wrong to me. The pro's get the full version for free because the cost get's passed along to their customers and tax write-off's and such. It just seems backwards or perhaps a hidden incentive is involved.

7 minutes ago, Shane_B. said:

There's a lot of free stuff out there so it's not a big deal but to lock your "free" offerings to a bit of software that costs a lot of money seems wrong to me. The pro's get the full version for free because the cost get's passed along to their customers and tax write-off's and such. It just seems backwards or perhaps a hidden incentive is involved.

EDIT:  I now see that Drum'ica shut down on the 15th....BOOOO

There are other FREE libraries that qualify for the Crossgrade...I'll have to get a list together...

Edited by cclarry