Strange volume drop -Help needed -SOLVED Hardware issue

Pathfinder

First, let me say this may be hardware but wanted to ask here if this sounds familiar to anyone.

So I was working on a project. some midi and some audio. All was fine for an hour. Then when I loaded another project I noticed the volume had dropped hugely. Tried other projects, some all midi, some all audio. Same thing. Meanwhile mic and my Strat were super loud as always. I was wondering if an audio interface could die like that? I have studio monitors, good ones , but also 2 yamaha DXR10's with separate volume controls in the mixer. 

I thought maybe I hit some weird key combo and did something to CWbyBL. Is that possible? Of course the volume drop is everything going thru the Echo Layla 3G.

Just was wondering if any of this sounds familiar. Very strange . Playing straight audio thru the mixer and speakers (which includes the Echo) is really loud and normal. To do this I have to select the Echo outputs (win 10). So it is extremely confusing. The only MAJOR sound loss is using CW????

I will try my Octacapture tomorrow morning, too much time for tonight. But wave\mp3 files play fine thru the system using the Echo?

I did NOT change any prefs either. So that is why I am grasping at some keyboard shortcut I hit or something.

I know, weird post.................I'll post back tomorrow after I try the roland Audio interface 

Thanks

EDIT: I downloaded a midi player app and played some midi only files from my projects. They played fine and very loud. MP3 files play fine and very loud. Only CWbyBL has this issue...as fr as I can tell anyway.....................

Edited by Pathfinder

See my topic - same issues I think. If I reload the VSTi preset it goes back to expected / said volume. But after a few plays or edits the track (midi only) start to do the same - there is also an opposite happening too, where a MIDI track increases in volume. I have several project now where this happens - I find that I have to freeze the track as soon as possible to stop it from happening. I some cases I have to reset the Preset in the VSTi or create VSTi to new track and copy the MIDI. I then Freeze the track before playing the track because as soon as I stop playing the track drops volume. I have found this with several different Plugins and same with different Audio devices. I have this well tested now and it is Cakewalk and not other DAW's or the plugins.

Tried with Studio One - all ok / Waveform - all ok. But only have the full versions of those for a month of test. I just work around it now - I have also tested with deferent start templates / Blank / 4 track / 16 track etc etc. All have this issue at some point. I have review event lists for volume changes / automation and etc! See my comments below.

There is also a particular issue with komplete Komtrol and the reset / stop function which sets a setting in the plugin to zero - this is either a volume setting for a Cutoff setting or an A/B setting for the instruments I use.

It doesn't have Audio Effects plugin issues. It's only happening to VSTi's. In my case.

Audio Devices - Focusrite Solo Gen 2 / NI Maschine MK3 / M-Audio M-Track / ASIO4ALL - all tested with various Audio latencys too and same results.

42 minutes ago, David Baay said:

Your issue is pretty clearly related to MIDI controllers in some way. The OP indicated his issue affects recorded audio tracks a well, so not likely to be related.

Well David, you nailed my issue. It was the levels on the Echo Layla 3G. But I don't usually keep the windows interface for the Echo open , but I must have or I have a ghost.. So not sure what happen, but the levels for the main outs on the Echo were ridiculously low. Another mystery. 

Thanks so much David!

Edited by Pathfinder