Dennis G "Destinations Unknown"

Dennis Grinceri

Hi I used the 808 drum track on this one. I recorded the Drum track on an old TEAC Reel to Reel then digitized it back onto the DAW. Everything else is standard Sonar tracking. Thanks for listening!  

Edited by Dennis Grinceri
previous link no longer exists

This probably brings back lots of memories for you. The song itself is really nice.  The breaking up sound is a bit much for me personally. If the sound  itself is baked in I might try some EQ work on the guitar track, but that's me and maybe you like the effect. 

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

I really like the song, which has a vibe I can get into. Reminded me a bit of that excellent New Wave-ish art band "the Blue Nile".

I'd agree though that sonically that guitar is hitting the inputs of your audio interface way too hard and is being decimated before you even begin.  What are you using as an interface? If this excellent tune is an example of your cool, laid back songwriting, I'd say it deserves better sonics, more open air up top in the mix.

Thanks for sharing that, and I hope to hear more of your stuff!

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

Very nice. Loved the guitar chords, I used to do almost everything  Maj7 sounding . I thought the bass parts were excellent. As Emeraldsoul said  , it really needs more of an airy clean sound to bring out the guitars and bass.  When you get time check out "Raum" free reverb plugin. It can easily be overused , but it's super airy . A lot could be done with just eq.  Keep em coming ..   mark

• Thanks 1

First of all, Welcome to the forum Dennis.
I'm going to echo all the comments above, lots of good advice there.
You have a "solid" foundation in the tune. Technically, its a bit "rough".
Lather, rinse, repeat; meaning record, record, record, you'll get there.

As mark said:

14 minutes ago, mark skinner said:

Keep em coming

tom

• Like 1

This is very good. It just sounds like a traveling kind of song.
Nice chord changes. Fit well with the song but they got a  bit repetitive maybe?
Voc started strong but seemed to get buried about 1/2 way thru.
Just my opinion that's all.
Great song. I enjoyed it.
-Bjorn

• Like 1