How to fully integrate Komplete Kontrol M32 to Cakewalk?

Lol Petersok

Craig Anderton pretty much says what you need to know for now. We can only hope NI get their act together for the future. You could use HUI mode but its not likely to be great. I'm working several projects at the moment. But if I've time I'll look into HUI control for the S61 - it will be very much the same for the M32.

CbB will recognize the M32 as a control surface using the Mackie Control device with the input/output named Komplete Kontrol M DAW. (The input/output named KOMPLETE KONTROL M32 MIDI is for the keyboard aspect of the M32, not the transport controls.) The setting for Disable Handshake in this Mackie Control instance needs to be checked. This can be accessed from the Utilities menu in CbB.

The below I have copied and edited from another thread that was for the NI A61, which uses the same software and has the same capabilities:

Make sure the M32 is in MIDI mode. If the PLUG-IN/MIDI button in the upper right is lit at all, you are not in MIDI mode. The PLAY, REC and STOP buttons will also be unlit. To go into MIDI mode, press shift and the PLUGIN/MIDI button. When you release both buttons, the light should go out in the PLUGIN/MIDI button, and turn on in the PLAY, REC and STOP buttons on the left. The M32 should now have the following functionality:

PLAY, REC and STOP will work as expected.

The 4-D encoder knob on the right will scroll the timeline when turned clockwise or counter-clockwise, scroll tracks when nudged up or down and scroll track parameters when nudged left and right. This is assuming that, between the track view and the console view, the track view was the last one "touched". This corresponds with the top to bottom arrangement of tracks in the track view.  If the console view was the last of those two views to be touched, the up/down/left/right behavior is reversed to correspond with the left to right arrangement of tracks in the console view, as long as the console view is visible.  If the console view was last touched, but is not visible (it is in the multidock and a different view is selected there), left/right/up/down does nothing!

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Friends,

As a user for many a years from Sonar Cakewalk program (8.5 Producer) with sickening latency, I entered the NewYear with a new DAW-computer, a Fireface UC interface, a Komplete Kontrol S88 Keyboard with the Native Instruments Kontrol 13 Collectors Edition.

Though I spent many hours to find out how to make my new system work, I am still to far from getting to know everything.
That is why I want to make contact with someone who REALLY knows it all and who can help me with getting started as soon as possible.
My questions will be how to make the keyboard let me use all the instruments. At the moment I really don't manage to put instuments in the keyboard.

And how I can make the keyboard with all the instruments the beating heart of my Cakwalk by Bandlab program. I managed to put the instruments in and play them with the keyboard, while recording them, bu I dont have a clue how to make things work with my compositions from the past.

When I play the keyboard (piano) via Kontrol the notes appear and everything is OK, but when I paste a piece of piano I made last year in the same track nothing happens and I hear nothing. The pasted notes do nothng.

If you really know it all, please contact me. WIth the share screen option and a webcam you can explain me everything and make me happy enough to pay you something for your help.

My last composition in my old computer you can see on Youtube. It is my Xmas ode for the people working in hospitals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk7clf6uI7Q

Sincerely,

Theo van 't Hert

Amsterdam