Sonokinetic 50% to 70% off

Fleer

I have a few of their libraries -- including two phrase based ones: Grosso and Vivace. The other ones I have are the various Ostinato libraries, and the more traditional multi-sampled libraries like Da Capo and Woodwind Ensembles.

The phrase-based libraries have their moments, and every now and then they offer up exactly what you need to fill a gap in an orchestration. But that doesn't happen often enough for me, and aside from those instances, I find the phrase-based libraries are generally a bit awkward to use. 

I much prefer their multi-sampled ones (both Da Capo and Woodwind Ensembles are currently present in my main template, and I like them a lot). 

Your mileage may vary, but that has been my experience. 

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Amicus717 said:

I have a few of their libraries -- including two phrase based ones: Grosso and Vivace. The other ones I have are the various Ostinato libraries, and the more traditional multi-sampled libraries like Da Capo and Woodwind Ensembles.

The phrase-based libraries have their moments, and every now and then they offer up exactly what you need to fill a gap in an orchestration. But that doesn't happen often enough for me, and aside from those instances, I find the phrase-based libraries are generally a bit awkward to use. 

I much prefer their multi-sampled ones (both Da Capo and Woodwind Ensembles are currently present in my main template, and I like them a lot). 

Your mileage may vary, but that has been my experience. 

So Da Capo? Is that your favorite of theirs? I'm checking it out. I'm after that noir sound but yeah those phrase instruments they have seem like it be hard to get your money's worth from them 

6 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

So Da Capo? Is that your favorite of theirs? I'm checking it out. I'm after that noir sound but yeah those phrase instruments they have seem like it be hard to get your money's worth from them 

Yeah, I have Da Capo. I use it fairly often, although not it's full set of patches -- just the string patches, and mostly because I like how they sound when dialed low on the mod wheel. They have a nice, quiet rasp that works as a sort of sordino-ish patch, and they see use in my template for that reason. 

I reviewed Da Capo in a post on the old Cakewalk forum: http://forum.cakewalk.com/Bought-Sonokinetic39s-Da-Capo-library-quick-first-impression-m3425007.aspx

One thing I didn't mention in my review - there are no trumpets in the brass section. Just Horns, Trombones and Tuba. It sounds ok, but I have no idea why they didn't include Trumpet, which always struck me as a bit weird. 

The Woodwind Ensembles are probably their most polished multi-sampled library -- very configurable, and they sound pretty good. That have become my goto for woodwind ensemble patches. Just FYI...

Edited by Amicus717