Stretch to Tempo Issue/Bug

Ewoof

I don't know whether other people are facing a similar issue but the stretch to tempo feature doesn't work properly. What I like about Cakewalk is that it tells me what the tempo of the sample I have. But when it is time to stretch the sample to the tempo of your daw, it doesn't change it at all.  So for example, I have a sample 170bpm that I drag to the track view. The loop construction feature tells me the original bpm of the  sample is 170 . My daw's bpm is 140 and I would like the 170 bpm of the original to change to 140 bpm. So I use the stretch to tempo. The issue is that it tricks itself into believing that it has  stretched  the sample to the tempo. It makes this mistake by changing the original tempo(170bpm) it needs to use to actually change the tempo. But when I insert the actual bpm into the original tempo, it works. So it is not doing anything to the sample because it changes the initial bpm before the stretch to tempo feature is applied. Therefore, not changing anything. I know my explanation might sound confusing but this video should explain what I mean.

So yeah, it does not do anything to the sample because it changes the initial bpm before the stretch to tempo feature is applied. I believe this is a logic error is relatively easy to fix. I  hope this issue would get fixed soon.

Yes it has been like this for years. It's bizarre as if you preview the loop from the Browser it will happily play in sync with the project if you tick the box.

However if you drag it into the project it somehow 'forgets' and you have to change it manually in the Inspector loop settings and tell it what the original BPM of the sample was as it seems to 'assume' it was whatever the project tempo is. set to even if it's not.  Unless it's a rex file. Then it works as expected iirc.

• Like 1