CBL - crash with sample manager VST from ADSR.

music_fan

hi guys, 

I'm using CBL 2020.01 and have a systematic crash when I load the VST "Sample Manager" from ADSR. I put the minidump as an attachment. I thought it came from VST3 and reinstalled this VST  in VST2 mode (x64) but it produces the same issue. Once the crash, I can reopen the file (when CLB saves it and everything is fine), but when I create a new midi track with this plug-in it always crash CBL. I have no problem with the other plug-ins I use... so have you encountered this issue ? for the Cakewalk development team I have put the minidump in attached.

thanks for your help.

image.thumb.png.3bbe44a923ae2ff859cc2bb83aff59a3.png

Untitled_04282020_085909.dmp

3 hours ago, music_fan said:

hi guys, 

I'm using CBL 2020.01 and have a systematic crash when I load the VST "Sample Manager" from ADSR. I put the minidump as an attachment. I thought it came from VST3 and reinstalled this VST  in VST2 mode (x64) but it produces the same issue. Once the crash, I can reopen the file (when CLB saves it and everything is fine), but when I create a new midi track with this plug-in it always crash CBL. I have no problem with the other plug-ins I use... so have you encountered this issue ? for the Cakewalk development team I have put the minidump in attached.

thanks for your help.

image.thumb.png.3bbe44a923ae2ff859cc2bb83aff59a3.png

Untitled_04282020_085909.dmp 2.16 MB · 0 downloads

Hi.  I did some searching for crashes with that ADSR Sample Manager program, and saw several versions of it had fixes for crashes, including the current 1.2 version, so I am not sure how stable the program is.  

It also seems that the 1.2 version can now run standalone,  so wondering if that also crashes or not.

The crash also occurred while the ADSR plugin had control, when it tried to access memory that it didn't have access rights to.

What version of the ADSR Sample Manager do you have?

Lastly, can you list steps that can repeatedly produce a crash?

Thanks, 

Bob Bone 

it crash  almost all the time, so it's not usable in a production  (with or without samples loaded).
I have the 1.5.1 version (latest) x64

I tried to go through the standalone mode but it completely takes away the interest of this VST, if this program is too buggy I will desinstall it.It's a pity because some functions such as being able to use the midi in order to make a small and really interesting sampler.

thank's.