Drum Replacer Requests

Zaquria

I love the Drum Replacer feature within Sonar, but it lacks a few tweaks which would make it much more powerful (For me at least) and easier to use.

Would it be possible for the following features please?

1. Manual Input: The ability to directly input the Filter and Range manually. Currently, these knobs only go up an down incrementally. Sometimes I need to fine tune (the kick for example), but I cannot do this because the Range knob jumps from 54 to 68 and I need to fine tune this to around 64.
  2. Time Ruler: It would be really handy to have a Time Ruler (Like the Piano Roll) following the project time signature. This would be helpful for getting the kick and snare on the actual beat and in time. Currently, it is more a guessing game to where they should go and I always have to go in a fix in the Piano roll later. Also, it would be great to have Snap to grid as well.
  3. Remember Settings. It would also be nice to remember the Filter and Range settings for the Kick, Snare and Tom while working with different clips. I generally spilt a Track into Clips and work on them separately, but switching between clips I lose the previous setting and have to continually redial them in. It would be handy and increase work flow if Drum Replacer remembered my previous settings in a session.
  4. Dry and Wet: When Sliding between Dry and Wet, when you get to around 50% the volume of both the Sample and Drum Replacer drop to a point where I have to reach for the volume control on my monitors to dial it up. Would it be possible to change this to have constant volume when moving this slider between Dry and Wet?

• Great Idea 1

On 4/29/2020 at 1:01 PM, chuckebaby said:

You can hold the SHIFT button down to make small measure changes (pin point detail) i believe.

but agree with these other features you have, i would love to see DR get some upgrades, its a great tool.

Thank you, I already knew this, but it is still a guess to where in the bar you are with that beat.