Failed to launch Help

OldNick

Question

I am trying to read the documentation for CWbB, but if I Drop down the Help Menu Item, then choose Documentation, I get the message "Failed to launch help"

I tried searching this forum, but could not search the phrase. The only stuff I could find was for older versions of CW (X2 etc)

Thanks for any help

Nick

2 answers to this question

I believe this may happen if CbB was told to import a previous SONAR config and the "Always Use Local Help" was set in preferences.

CbB does not have a local help file and the option was removed from preferences but the code is still in the program.

To eliminate the error either set UseOnlyOfflineHelp to 0 or remove it from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Core

Or copy an old SONAR.CHM from a previous install but this is not as helpful as it was back in 2018 and will be less useful as the program continues to get updated.

Hi scook and thanks. I reckon an older chm file is already OOD for my present situation, because the descriptions online say to do something by a method that does not work in the present version.

Sorry, I know there is a way to get to the configurator (?) where you can set stuff, but I can't remember it. I believe there was something about pressing a key as you called down a menu?

Edited by OldNick