Plugin menu layout question

chris.r

I'm thinking about creating my own layout, never did it before. After doing some tests and reading help file I noticed that if I add a new plugin my layout is not updated. Do I have to update manually each time I'm adding new plugins?

Second question, I couldn't find a way to create single layout for both the fx and the instruments plugins. Is there a way or I have to keep two separate layouts?

9 minutes ago, chris.r said:

Do I have to update manually each time I'm adding new plugins?

Yes, or the plug-ins will not appear in the layout. Only the factory supplied "Sort By" layouts are automatically updated.

13 minutes ago, chris.r said:

I couldn't find a way to create single layout for both the fx and the instruments plugins

You may create a layout with both effects and synths but they will not appear together when displayed.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, scook said:

Yes, or the plug-ins will not appear in the layout. Only the factory supplied "Sort By" layouts are automatically updated.

Thanks for confirming this, Steve.

16 hours ago, scook said:

You may create a layout with both effects and synths but they will not appear together when displayed.

How to do it? If I open from plugin browser it's showing only one category.

Is there a use for it? For example have them displayed separately in Cakewalk as effects of synths depending on what I select, like it is now, but keep them in a single layout file? Hopefully updating it with new plugins in future won't delete anything, say I want add an effect and save the layout, then the synths won't be deleted.

22 minutes ago, chris.r said:

How to do it?

Start with one of the existing layouts and manually add the other plug-ins or build the entire layout from scratch

23 minutes ago, chris.r said:

Is there a use for it?

I see no advantage to maintaining one big file.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scook said:

Start with one of the existing layouts and manually add the other plug-ins or build the entire layout from scratch

Oh that would be adding ca. 300 plugins to the other 600 already there, or vice versa ;). Building from scratch is probably not taken into account... lol

I'm, like you, starting to see no advantage. Thanks again.