(((RESOLVEDBring back(from Sonar x1) browser folder view as an "option" for plugin browser))) Extra power user idea for audio and plugin browser

vst power user

The plugin browser in the past(Sonar x1) would allow you to see folder names for the plugin/s inside it.  Some people with an array of plugins have folders already properly labeled for prowess orientation.  But the current programmers disable it and defaulted the plugin load to alphabetical order(grouped as uncategorized).  By enabling the browser plug-in view to have the "folder tree construct" again(implementable by button or mouse right click option or via view menu), users with an abundant assortment of synths and effects can allocate their already sorted library of plugins with no timely delay.(((By using mouse right click in an empty part of the FX pane: select insert audio effects or insert soft synth and THEN your next option can be "Plug-In Layouts" where you need to uncheck the "Sort by Category" option to naturalize the folder system for plug-ins.)))  I have not found any other way...cakewalk developers usually allow at least two ways so it can be found or done easier depending upon the tasks.  Perhaps adding a button in the folder browser could be a simple find...  . .. .

As an extra suggestion but possibly an effective function for the Cakewalk browser.  Integrating a folder identification prompt or folder plugin group identity(text finder for folder names as a tag finder)prompt for the category of group the plugin/s belong(as a named category aka tag) would become an effective asset for users to sort for grouping when using the cakewalk browser for plugins or possibly maybe the grouping or tagging(or known as librarian) for audio in folder constructs  also.

Edited by vst power user

15 minutes ago, vst power user said:

The plugin browser in the past(Sonar x1) would allow you to see folder names for the plugin/s inside it.  Some people with an array of plugins have folders already properly labeled for prowess orientation.  But the current programmers disable it and defaulted the plugin load to alphabetical order.  By enabling the browser plug-in view to have the "folder tree construct" again(implementable by button or mouse right click option or via view menu), users with an abundant assortment of synths and effects can allocate their already sorted library of plugins with no timely delay.

As an extra suggestion but possibly an effective function for the Cakewalk browser.  Integrating a folder a identification prompt or folder plugin group identity(text finder for folder names as a tag finder)prompt for the category of group the plugin/s belong(as a named category aka tag) would become an effective asset for users to sort for grouping when using the cakewalk browser for plugins or possibly maybe the grouping or tagging(or librarian) for audio in folder constructs  also.

Are you talking about the old plug-in layouts? If so, I think they still work; however with CbB there is an option to  create categories for plug-ins. I stumbled onto this last week when I was going through my plug-ins. I ended up with several categories for bad plug-ins.  Very helpful feature, IMO.

Not sure this is what you are describing, but maybe it overlaps with what you have in mind.

image.png.f179664d77072445ac5ad07180dc91cd.png

Edited by User 905133
to add an image with sample cateories

No, it seems they completely removed the real folder construct (with folder name before plugin) and decided to act like it was still there(adding folder icons as if it were there) only allowing alphabetical chaos and categorizing it as uncategorized to already sorted plugins....   I literally have more than 500 plugins and have sorted the files in a plugin manager but upgraded and wasn't able to use it because of a major hard disk drive crash.  Only way to keep files safe is to separate the DAW and plugs to a different hard disc drive.