Sample packs

Shubham Dubey

Question

Cackwalk has already loaded  sapmle packs of different genre or not if yes then how can I use of these pack into my music if no then from where I can obtain almost every genre samples is there any great sites for samples packs of kick snare etc.trough which I get sample packs? Kindly tell me asap. I have one more query on this topic if I have downloaded sample (kick ,snare etc) then how can I add these sampler(kick snare etc)  into my midi tracks trough which I can use sampler by keyword or by piano roll? Kindly tell me.if someone don't understand what am I saying for those I have been uploaded image .trough this they can have idea about it this image is fl studio channel rack we drag sample (kick,snare etc) on it an we can easily use samples trough which we can create beat by piano roll or keyboard kindly tell me asap.

images (8).jpeg

Edited by Shubham Dubey

13 answers to this question

Cakewalk doesn't come with sample packs.

You only mention kick drum. Cakewalk has SI Drums, which is a full drum set.  See this  YouTube video about making sure you have all 3 SI instruments downloaded.

If you want more than this, Google free vst sample packs and have a look. This will give you sites with lists of sites with free samples. You can then look for stuff that takes your fancy.

Be aware that to play samples you seed a sampler. Try sforzando for a start.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JoeGBradford said:

Loopmasters have a bass and drum smapler instrument and access to some free packs - google Loopcloud.

Also there are some sample packs in the Bandlab Assistant - at the top click on Sounds

Thanks I have one more query on this topic which is written above kindly tell me if you know this

4 hours ago, Nigel Mackay said:

Cakewalk doesn't come with sample packs.

You only mention kick drum. Cakewalk has SI Drums, which is a full drum set.  See this  YouTube video about making sure you have all 3 SI instruments downloaded.

If you want more than this, Google free vst sample packs and have a look. This will give you sites with lists of sites with free samples. You can then look for stuff that takes your fancy.

Be aware that to play samples you seed a sampler. Try sforzando for a start.

Thank you can you give answer of my another query which is written above

With the audio samples in Bandlab Assistant I think you can drag them straight into an audio track in your project

With Virtual Instruments like Loopcloud Play and Drum you insert them as a virtual instrument

It would be worth taking a little time to read the manual and watch more of Mike's videos which will help you further There is a downloadable pdf version of the manual here https://bandlab.github.io/cakewalk/docs/Cakewalk Reference Guide.pdf

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JoeGBradford said:

With the audio samples in Bandlab Assistant I think you can drag them straight into an audio track in your project

With Virtual Instruments like Loopcloud Play and Drum you insert them as a virtual instrument

It would be worth taking a little time to read the manual and watch more of Mike's videos which will help you further There is a downloadable pdf version of the manual here https://bandlab.github.io/cakewalk/docs/Cakewalk Reference Guide.pdf

Yes we can drag them straight in to audio track but I am asking about midi track because we can't create beat with  them by piano roll or step sequencer , keyboard on audio track by the way thanks for reference book

Edited by Shubham Dubey

If you want to play samples in a midi track you need a sampler or use a virtual instrument which already contains samples of the kind you need

I'm not an expert on samplers so others may be able to help better in respect to that. I just use virtual instruments and audio loops there are plenty of free ones around

• Like 1

The audio files at Bandlab Assistant are samples. You drop them in an audio track they play. But not easy to edit or modify.

The MIDI files are loops. A series of notes. You can drop them into a MIDI track. But they don't make any sound. They are instructions. You must insert an instrument (a drum set in your case) and route the MIDI track to the instrument. Then the loops will play.

Most drum VSTs come with loops which you can drag to a MIDI track. But you are never going to get the same type of arpeggiator track in Cakewalk - FL Studio started off as Fruity Loops, a loop player, and still has that functionality.

Edited by Nigel Mackay
More info
  • Like 2

Sikk Sounds is where I receive my samples, and I'm extremely happy with the results. The nicest part about these beat pack is that they are exceptionally high-quality, adaptable, and include files for whatever sort of music you wish to make. It does not grow tiresome quickly because there is something for everyone. You can also utilize their mixer to enhance the sound with additional effects to make it more crisp.

Edited by Helen Aoki

Only the kick drum is mentioned. Make sure you have all three SI instruments downloaded nd check Yt videos for the assistance
If you're looking for anything more, search  on Google. This will provide you with a list of websites that provide free samples. Then you may seek for things that interest you and in order to understand you should imagine the
music without lyrics first, this is what  I do and it helps a lot.

I hope you find what you are looking for.