Izotope Trash2 and Iris 2

cclarry

8 minutes ago, husker said:

You're killing me.  I don't need any more synths!  Right?

Right, but you do need this one! And for this price, is not to be missed. This sample based, spectral filtering synth is unique!

Check out this demo of the Luftrum 10 Soundbank for iZotope Iris, to get an idea of what this synth is capable of. This soundbank is $23 at Luftrum if you are interested. He also designs sounds for Diva, Repro, Zebra, Omnisphere, etc.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, abacab said:

This soundbank is $23 at Luftrum if you are interested. He also designs sounds for Diva, Repro, Zebra, Omnisphere, etc.

If you sign up for Luftrum's newsletter you get a 10% off coupon.
https://www.luftrum.com/newsletter/

Also currently his libraries for Diva and Repro are discounted:

You spoke, we listened: For a limited time there’s 25% to save on each Diva and Repro-5 set and in addition, there’s a quantity based cart specific discount too, so you can save up to 50% in total. Just enter divarepro25off in the promo field at checkout. Offer is valid until February 18.

I picked up Iris 2, as I've heard a lot of good things about it, but I can barely use it on my system. Crackles and pops like crazy, every patch, no matter what settings I use, so far. Not sure why that would be -- I have a pretty good system with lots of resources, and it handles every other plug in and synth without a problem. Has anyone experienced this?

2 hours ago, Amicus717 said:

I picked up Iris 2, as I've heard a lot of good things about it, but I can barely use it on my system. Crackles and pops like crazy, every patch, no matter what settings I use, so far. Not sure why that would be -- I have a pretty good system with lots of resources, and it handles every other plug in and synth without a problem. Has anyone experienced this?

Sorry to hear that. I get it with a few patches on occasion if I use a lot of polyphony (high voice count).

Iris  can get CPU hungry. There is a section in the user guide on pages 70-72 that covers CPU optimization for some ways to minimize that. Things like freezing tracks, hiding the Iris UI, increasing your audio buffer size,  avoiding the most intensive filters, lowering the voice count, reducing envelope release times, and reducing the resampling distance from the original pitch of the samples, etc.

And last, but not least, they do mention that streaming samples from a SSD offers optimum performance.

Iris 2 is a powerful, one-of-a-kind tool that pairs high-quality digital signal processing for resampling, modeling, and effects along with remarkably flexible modulation options, resulting in a lot of complex math and data streaming that needs to happen quickly. This can tax your computer’s resources substantially, but here are some recommendations for maximizing Iris 2 performance on your machine

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1