When Every Song Is Sung (I'll Still Love You) - Cover George Harrison

dr.hash

Eve all, well hasn't been a strange old time - I hope people are well? 

I was on the way to covering Adam Ant's Stand and Deliver which would have been a 3d animated affair - I had designed the Trump model and all. Then the shit hit the fan, which meant I needed to re-think my creative plan...I thought the world needed more love so I decided to redo a cover of George Harrison's When Every Song Is Sung. It's actually an unfinished masterpiece with various artists over the years trying to finish it. Ringo did a version, but George sued him over it lol.

I have taken both George's idea and Ringo's and spliced them together. You can find George's version on soundcloud...it is less than a demo really, Ringo's on Youtube. This is if you're interested in both their takes on the tune. Basically, I start with just acoustic guitar, piano and synth. This then grows to a full Beatle type tune at the end. I literally was listening to both versions and working out the arrangement at the same time.  In George's version, there is some gospel sounding piano and trumpet stabs which I used, and which also helped glue both George's and Ringo's ideas and arrangements together cohesively.

I more or less played all the instruments, except the drums and the orchestral sounds. Even the piano parts, admittedly I had to doctor these a little lol. I also used Wave's Abbey Road effects for an authentic Beatle sound. This included their new NX or listening effect - a virtual Abbey Road listening enviroment. These effects get a bit derided, but they do work...you just have to know how and when to use them. Oh, I also brought a Hofner Beatle bass and laid this down too.

I about to pump out content, I've just brought 3 RTX gaming computers for content creation...rendering. I will have a 3d animation for this in a few weeks :).        

Right, stay safe and thanks in advance.

Edited by dr.hash

9 hours ago, Starise said:

You certainly have captured an authentic Beatles sound!  I'm not so familiar with this particular song. Sorry to hear you plans were thwarted. 

Best of luck to you on this project! Thanks for sharing!

As I said Starise - it was never finished by George, Ringo did a version...but everyone hated it. Except me lol.

Plans were not thwarted as such...I just wanted something more gental. On saying that I was thinking of going back to one of my original ideas which was a cover of Sympathy For The Devil...with Trump playing The Devil and his kids doing the ohhs lol.

Thanks for listening :).