Cakewalk Compliment

Helos Bonos

I've been complaining and ranting a lot on here with every problem I encounter but while there are many good things I like about Cakewalk, one thing I would like to mention is how great this support forum is!!! Man, it is so nice to know that when you post a problem, there are answers and great help not long after. Thank you guys!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I think all Cakewalk users here want everyone to have a great time using it. I believe it to be a huge bargain that keeps on getting better with each new version.  This also means that it is more complicated thus needing  a group effort to get users  working with it efficiently. 

These forums are known for being very helpful. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Cool, man! Your input as a sometimes frustrated new user is helpful, too, believe it or not. The developers and beta team members read and participate in the forum daily.

The thing is, Helos, a statement to the effect of "this is really frustrating and I would like it to work better" is not an attack on the product and fortunately these days is usually not seen as such.

If someone takes the time to set up an account and complain, as long as they're not a troll, it's because they want the program to work better.

It's valuable to get the perspective of a new user who is invested in learning how to use the program because people who have been using it for 5 or 10 years don't even see these issues, they've memorized things like pressing (not clicking!) Delete to remove a marker and don't remember like I do that I only found it out by Googling. And once we know our way around, the inconsistency and illogic fades away because we're not struggling to figure everything out. We just put up with it like a sticky door lock where you have to jiggle the key a certain way.

• Like 4

There have been, and are, some incredibly helpful community members who have really given huge swaths of their time and effort, into helping others here in the community forums, like the venerable Billy Arnell (BA-Midi) who sadly passed away some years back.  He bent over backwards to help huge numbers of people, and partly out of respect for his tireless efforts to help everyone he could, I try to engage in helping folks, when possible, as well.  (He was much better at it than I, as I am more versed in things approached from a keyboard player's perspective than his wider knowledge of all things Sonar).

I, too, believe in the collective strength of these community forums, and the more we all engage in helping each other, the better each of us becomes, and the better the product gets as well, as the development staff does pay attention, and even frequently participate, in these forums, so it is in all of our best insterests to keep strengthening our collective will to engage here.  I have been helped countless times, from countless others here, and that is so awesome.  :)

Bob Bone

• Like 2

That consideration and efforts to help within the user base also extends to the Bakers themselves. They can't obviously open up to every issue that every user has. - But I know for a fact that they selectively help individuals out with their system issues in order to determine that it is in fact a user system issue and not a generalized software build issue. They are truly dedicated to building the best DAW software available. I've used a number of the competitions  - and Cake is the best there is from an overall view.