Jump to content
Brian Walton

BW - Minimalistic Orange Faders Cakewalk Theme (updated pro version for 2021.04)

Recommended Posts

I'm calling this one Minimalistic as I've removed a number of the visual elements I consider distracting visually (words Pan, Gain, FX, Sends, on the Console View and The small track icon in the Tracks View)

Now updated for 2021.04 (see the pro version in post 2 for an updated version):

 

 

 

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a "PRO" version of my Theme.

This version removes words like "pro channel" and "in/out" from the console view as this assumes you already know where and what they are.  This also removes the word "performance" from the performance module.

 

Like the other minimalistic theme, FX Bin, Sends, Pan, and Gain words are also removed.  While the location and knobs remain intact.  

Tones and colors are generally subtle other than "solo" and "armed for recording" as I find these should be flags as I work.    The faders are also a stand out, because if you mix with the pro-channel open, you can see they cross over into the "row of faders" you would normally see on an analog console, therefore I want them to be noticeable and not blend in.  

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AAfZyUQm1Mfid8pdp5F4qDqEdWC55k92  (updated for 2021.04)

314865679_BW_Minimalistic_FaderOrange_PRO3(consolescreen).thumb.jpg.59809d298b4c331dccccd77c03293f6c.jpg

 

2108458183_BW_Minimalistic_FaderOrange_PRO3(dualscreen).thumb.jpg.ca10a6034ad5247dd833c0bf01720f64.jpg

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2020 at 7:53 PM, Brian Walton said:

Here is a "PRO" version of my Theme.

This version removes words like "pro channel" and "in/out" from the console view as this assumes you already know where and what they are.  This also removes the word "performance" from the performance module.

 

Like the other minimalistic theme, FX Bin, Sends, Pan, and Gain words are also removed.  While the location and knobs remain intact.  

Tones and colors are generally subtle other than "solo" and "armed for recording" as I find these should be flags as I work.    The faders are also a stand out, because if you mix with the pro-channel open, you can see they cross over into the "row of faders" you would normally see on an analog console, therefore I want them to be noticeable and not blend in.  

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AAfZyUQm1Mfid8pdp5F4qDqEdWC55k92

314865679_BW_Minimalistic_FaderOrange_PRO3(consolescreen).thumb.jpg.59809d298b4c331dccccd77c03293f6c.jpg

 

2108458183_BW_Minimalistic_FaderOrange_PRO3(dualscreen).thumb.jpg.ca10a6034ad5247dd833c0bf01720f64.jpg

What are those extra pro channel modules e.g. the hoser?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Asif Ali said:

What are those extra pro channel modules e.g. the hoser?

 

These particular products come with a ProChannel Module/version:

(I'd wait for a sale on the Hozer, great EQ, but no EQ plugin is worth $150)

https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/product/the-hoser-xt/

https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/product/10db-bundle/

 

You can get the whole package here (but again these go on sale - I likley got it for $60-70)

https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/product/hoserxt-and-10db-bundle/

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brian Walton said:

thanks

These particular products come with a ProChannel Module/version:

(I'd wait for a sale on the Hozer, great EQ, but no EQ plugin is worth $150)

https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/product/the-hoser-xt/

https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/product/10db-bundle/

 

You can get the whole package here (but again these go on sale - I likley got it for $60-70)

https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/product/hoserxt-and-10db-bundle/

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2021 at 7:27 AM, Brian Walton said:

The "pro" version of my theme is now updated for 2021.01   

If you use the other themes you could export the Channel Strip Selections assets from this one and import them in the others.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/3/folders/1AAfZyUQm1Mfid8pdp5F4qDqEdWC55k92

 

 

Brian . . . much respect for this theme, I've been using it on a session tonight, and just want to say thanks, really enjoying the clarity, and knowing what is "off" and what is "on" in the Console view is amazing, well thought out !  . . . and thanks also for keeping it updated to the latest Cake thing.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, noynekker said:

Brian . . . much respect for this theme, I've been using it on a session tonight, and just want to say thanks, really enjoying the clarity, and knowing what is "off" and what is "on" in the Console view is amazing, well thought out !  . . . and thanks also for keeping it updated to the latest Cake thing.

Thanks so much.  Lots of times when we post these things we have no idea how much (if at all) these things are getting used.  Really glad to hear the work that went into it is getting some use!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi🙂

I'm using your theme since Jan 2020 and I love it!

Will it be updated to 2021.4?

Thanks;)

Bassman.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/16/2021 at 2:47 PM, Heinz Hupfer said:

Hi🙂

I'm using your theme since Jan 2020 and I love it!

Will it be updated to 2021.4?

Thanks;)

Bassman.

 

Thanks, I will make an attempt at it after the official release.  Due to some computer updates and projects I'm working on, I'm waiting until after the early access to install the latest and greatest.  

Will see if I can figure out how to do the update on this one for the new button, etc.

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2021 at 2:47 PM, Heinz Hupfer said:

Hi🙂

I'm using your theme since Jan 2020 and I love it!

Will it be updated to 2021.4?

Thanks;)

Bassman.

 

Done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI:)

WOW! So fast!

 

Thank you very much for your work! Trying it out today....

 

Greetz;)

Bassman.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2020 at 2:53 PM, Brian Walton said:

Here is a "PRO" version of my Theme.

This version removes words like "pro channel" and "in/out" from the console view as this assumes you already know where and what they are.  This also removes the word "performance" from the performance module.

 

Like the other minimalistic theme, FX Bin, Sends, Pan, and Gain words are also removed.  While the location and knobs remain intact.  

Tones and colors are generally subtle other than "solo" and "armed for recording" as I find these should be flags as I work.    The faders are also a stand out, because if you mix with the pro-channel open, you can see they cross over into the "row of faders" you would normally see on an analog console, therefore I want them to be noticeable and not blend in.  

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AAfZyUQm1Mfid8pdp5F4qDqEdWC55k92  (updated for 2021.04)

314865679_BW_Minimalistic_FaderOrange_PRO3(consolescreen).thumb.jpg.59809d298b4c331dccccd77c03293f6c.jpg

 

2108458183_BW_Minimalistic_FaderOrange_PRO3(dualscreen).thumb.jpg.ca10a6034ad5247dd833c0bf01720f64.jpg

Looks great~

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...