New Project from Template - View Windows Always Clear

Jeff Melton

Question

I've set up a new template with just the views the way I'd like, for example, Soprano/Alto/Tenor/Bass MIDI tracks, the clef settings for the tracks, and the Staff View with all of the tracks pre-picked and displayed right below the minimized track view.  However, whenever I open up that template to start up a new project, it flashes up the view I set up in the template only to close up the staff view a split second later.  Then I need to manually bring back up the staff view and re-pick the track views I want to include there.

This is highly annoying to me.  The whole purpose of setting up the template was to define the tracks and the views the way I wanted to start a new project!!

I'm wondering if there isn't some template setting or preference option in the long list that is by default unchecked that clears out all views upon opening a template.  If not, can this be fixed so that the views set up in a template don't all automatically close up when starting a new project??

1. What I would LIKE for my template to show upon starting a New Projecct.png

What actually shows up after staff view flashes on for half second.png

3 answers to this question

Thanks for the reply.  This means I need BOTH a Template AND a Workspace setup then to basically map out a beginning screen layout with the various tools and views set up the way I want  to start up a project?  Okay...  I guess my off the cuff feedback to the user interface design team as a relative CbB newbie would be that having two UI concepts control your basic layout, to me, seems unnecessarily complex.  Take the feedback for whatever it's worth, but I'd prefer a simpler way to set up an initial tool/view layout that persists from session to session.