So who's shopping for something specific right now?

Christian Jones

I'm really tempted to get a replacement for my DIY e-drums (which is a modded Remo practice kit connected to an Alesis DM-5)... been looking at the Alesis Nitro Mesh, but hardly anyone has it ATM..... although I might just save some £££ and get the Turbo Mesh.... decisions, decisions...

39 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

Great sounding classical guitar is what I need/want ATM. Too bad, we can't do the shopping off-line. Gotta stay home and wait to see what the future holds.

Yeah, synths can be bought online, but guitars not so much. Each single one has its own life and feel. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

I'm really tempted to get a replacement for my DIY e-drums (which is a modded Remo practice kit connected to an Alesis DM-5)... been looking at the Alesis Nitro Mesh, but hardly anyone has it ATM..... although I might just save some £££ and get the Turbo Mesh.... decisions, decisions...

If I had a dollar for everytime I heard that.........possibly $2.  ;)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

How much are you gonna spend max? 

$1200.00 AUD is my limit. Which is probably about $800.00 US. I might go a bit above or I might be able to also trade in one of my other guitars. I'll also look at local secondhand, but in this case, I don't think I will get the color or look I want in the secondhand market.

9 hours ago, Bapu said:

NOt sure about Tezza but I spend like there's no max.

Yes, I did that once, unfortunately I spent the next 3 months sleeping next to a dumpster which taught me not to do that again.

6 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Would you put 12s on it?

Highest I go is 11's. I have smaller hands, so  thin, narrow necks with lighter strings work well for me. That's why the Gretch's appealed to me. People with bigger hands would probably hate them. Also, this guitar would be played 3 - 4 hours (with breaks) per gig as I would use it in a restaurant/club setting being the music for the night as I have done with my Acoustic in the past. I don't like a lot of clamping force, too hard for me to play for that length of time.

9 hours ago, Bapu said:

On sale for $125USD and I went for it. I own all the consoles for Console 1 now.

it's really a great one one , Bapu put yourself in limiter mode and baraly apply so gr , drive it to tatse and play with eq , usually i roll offf lows , boost at 35 then and bosst mid for presence and high for air , it opens tracks like carzy , you can also use carter clock as an overall tilt 

I only have one thing on my shopping list currently which is waiting for a deal on xlnaudio retro color. Damn Kenny Beats and his twitch sessions coupled with my son's lack of independent funds. At the moment we are working 24/7 shifts at home, me during the day mastering whilst he does his beats whilst I am sleeping. My neighbours are no longer talking to me but luckily the neighbours daughter has got that glint in her eye when it comes to my lad which will buy me some time :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Fleer said:

Yeah, synths can be bought online, but guitars not so much. Each single one has its own life and feel. 

Yeah I have a nice American strat from '05 I think but I only play Warmoth guitars anymore. I'll be building another tele baritone soon. Then my tech just does the fret work and assembly for me. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, artturner said:

Waiting for Ujam Carbon to go on sale (probably be waiting until November).

I think I want an Teenage Engineering OP-1, but was not prepared for that price.

Yeah that's a crazy price for that little thing I remember seeing that. Why does it cost so much? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, msmcleod said:

If it helps you decide, the mounting frame on the Nitro/Turbo sets is crap  - very small and flimsy, so assuming that you're a regular sized adult male I think you'd have trouble playing them comfortably. Seems like it's aimed more at kids to me. The frame on the Surge/Command sets is way better in every way. Bit more money obviously, but IMO there's no contest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll be buying Scaler 2 when it is out at the end of May.  Now the question is, do I use it with Mixcraft, REAPER, or register my cross-grade to Cubase? 🤣

Maybe I should have cross-graded to Studio One Pro 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

On 4/26/2020 at 6:02 AM, ZincT said:

I'm looking for a MIDI controller to complement my MIDI controller keyboard, or maybe something to replace my existing keyboard.

Specifically I would like it to have pads, knobs and faders. 

More info here...

@Christian Jones I have Realivox Ladies and it's excellent for oohs and ahhs. Band in a Box also does backing singers now.

@Tezza lovin that Ibanez :) 👍

a bit out of my budget but would love to have one...

• Like 2

At GearFest a couple years back, I got to meet Roger Linn... and he personally demonstrated the LinnStrument.

Out of all the gear, (IMO) it was one of the coolest things we saw.

Meeting Roger Linn... and getting to thank him for all his contributions to music/technology was also a highlight.

• Like 6