So who's shopping for something specific right now?

Christian Jones

Shopping not exactly, I waiting for when Arturia 6 to 7 upgrade hits $49.99, otherwise I'll wait until v7.5 or 8

and for Helix Native to hit $99 or lower.
I've got a ton of Line6 stuff including Pod Farm 2 and all the add-on packs yet my upgrade price for Helix Native is $349 which is frankly insulting.

Edited by TheSteven

5 hours ago, synthmeister said:

Looking for a first semi-hollow body jazz guitar. Reality TV not virtual.

Same here, I went shopping about 6 weeks ago and must have tried out about 35 guitars. After I finished I thought about the Covid-19 thing. What if others had been playing those guitars with the disease. I'm going again soon but will take hand sanitizer next time. I was looking at Artcore or Epiphone but tried others as well including the more expensive Gibson. At the end of the day for me, I was most impressed with the Gretsch models at least as far as playability and sound. I wasn't expecting that as I had never tried them. I want one like this but in a Gretsch model:

AG95.jpg

Edited by Tezza
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tezza said:

Same here, I went shopping about 6 weeks ago and must have tried out about 35 guitars. After I finished I thought about the Covid-19 thing. What if others had been playing those guitars with the disease. I'm going again soon but will take hand sanitizer next time. I was looking at Artcore or Epiphone but tried others as well including the more expensive Gibson. At the end of the day for me, I was most impressed with the Gretsch models at least as far as playability and sound. I wasn't expecting that as I had never tried them. I want one like this but in a Gretsch model:

AG95.jpg

For what it's worth, I have an Ibanez AS153. Amazing guitar, incredibly versatile, flawlessly made. Might change the pickups one day but stock they're more than decent. The cheaper varieties are also well built and great value. 

• Thanks 2

I'm looking for a MIDI controller to complement my MIDI controller keyboard, or maybe something to replace my existing keyboard.

Specifically I would like it to have pads, knobs and faders. 

More info here...

@Christian Jones I have Realivox Ladies and it's excellent for oohs and ahhs. Band in a Box also does backing singers now.

@Tezza lovin that Ibanez :) 👍

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, fitzroy said:

For what it's worth, I have an Ibanez AS153. Amazing guitar, incredibly versatile, flawlessly made. Might change the pickups one day but stock they're more than decent. The cheaper varieties are also well built and great value. 

I didn't get to play a lot of Artcore's because the shops didn't have many in. Might do a bit more research see if I can find more to play. I'll give one of those a go. The one in the picture is an AG95. I figure if I'm going to buy one of these Jazz style guitars then the look is just as important as the sound. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Tezza said:

I figure if I'm going to buy one of these Jazz style guitars then the look is just as important as the sound. 

True that. My girlfriend loves the Ibanez for its looks. Doesn't care for the Fenders, Martin, Les Paul, spanish guitar. She likes the bass because it's 'different', and the Ibanez, because it's 'so damn pretty'. Can't argue with that, it is ☺️

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Freyja Grimaude-Valens said:

Debating whether or not to get Synths I DX by Karanyi sounds and complete my Karanyi Kontakt collection.

DX was free recently. I dl'd it but wasn't impressed enough to keep it but that's me. Not when I've got stuff by Synth Magic that eclipses it big time. What's it like $30 now? 

5 hours ago, Tezza said:

AG95.jpg

How much are you gonna spend max? 

13 hours ago, Zo said:

Softube Zener Bender C1 version for me probably  , console 1 always missed a good Buss Channel strip

On sale for $125USD and I went for it. I own all the consoles for Console 1 now.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Tezza said:

I didn't get to play a lot of Artcore's because the shops didn't have many in. Might do a bit more research see if I can find more to play. I'll give one of those a go. The one in the picture is an AG95. I figure if I'm going to buy one of these Jazz style guitars then the look is just as important as the sound. 

Would you put 12s on it?