Roland A-800-Pro-R & EV-5 Pedal??

Gixerman

I recently replaced my Axiom 61 with the Roland A-800-Pro R and a Roland EV-5 Expression pedal. The 800 does not see the pedal. I cannot figure out how to get pedal working with the keyboard. I did find an old post that someone did not respond with anything but links..the links, while interesting, offered no help on specifically connecting EV5 to a keyboard. I am surprised since this is a Roland Pedal actually referenced in the manual, yet does not work or offer any instructions. If anyone has information pertaining specifically to pedal shoot me a message. Thanks

I don't remember having to do anything specific to get the pedal to work wit the A800. I thought it was just plug and play. If you have read through the manual then I'm not sure whether these will be of any help. https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/A-300PRO_500PRO_800PRO_R_eng10_W.pdf

Just a list of small troubleshooting steps:

Is it plugged into the Express (p2) jack?

Is the knob on the pedal turned to zero(0)? For me, Kontakt did not detect it if it wasn't.

Is your DAW detecting a midi signal coming in when you move the pedal?

In the A800, are you in Play Mode (as opposed to Edit mode)?

In the A800, are you on CTRL Map 0?

Have you switched on the Omni setting?(p.42 of manual)

What is OMNI?If you turn OMNI on, all controllers will transmit on the current channel regardless of their assigned MIDI transmit channel. If you want the MIDI transmit channel of the controllers to also change when you switch the current channel, turn OMNI on as follows.1.Press the [ACT] button and [] button simultaneously to enter Edit mode.The display will indicate “LCD CONTRAST.”2.Turn the [VALUE] knob until “SYSTEM SETTING” appears in the display.Press the [ENTER] button.3.Turn the [VALUE] knob until “OMNI” appears in the display.Press the [ENTER] 4. The display will show the current setting. 5.Use the [VALUE] knob to select “ON” or “OFF.”6.Press the [ENTER] button.You’ll be returned to Play mode.

I'm not sure if this will help but I hope you can get it up and running. All the best!

Edited by Pluto Gabo