Cakewalk freezes or crashes when importing audio (wav) files

Dirk Siebert

Question

Hi all

just installed it and created an empty recording Project. When I try to Import Audio files (wav) Cakewalk crahses/freezes. Tried it several times and multiple ways (by Import, drag & drop), also rebootet PC between attempts. Cakewalk remains open but freezes (grayed out window), waiting some minutes does'nt help.

As you can see, the track to Import is already shown in the working area.

Update: Is there an issue with specific wav Formats? When I imported the files into Audacity and re-exported them it works!

Best regards
Dirk

Windows 10, Cakewalk Version 2020.04 (Build 179, 64bit)

CW Freeze.PNG

Edited by Dirk Siebert
Spelling and additional info

2 answers to this question

On 4/25/2020 at 9:10 AM, Dirk Siebert said:

Hi all

just installed it and created an empty recording Project. When I try to Import Audio files (wav) Cakewalk crahses/freezes. Tried it several times and multiple ways (by Import, drag & drop), also rebootet PC between attempts. Cakewalk remains open but freezes (grayed out window), waiting some minutes does'nt help.

As you can see, the track to Import is already shown in the working area.

Update: Is there an issue with specific wav Formats? When I imported the files into Audacity and re-exported them it works!

Best regards
Dirk

Windows 10, Cakewalk Version 2020.04 (Build 179, 64bit)

CW Freeze.PNG

Possible there could be a codec issue on your system, you could try installing the k-lite pack and see if that helps. Otherwise I'd suggest sending us a dump file for the hang.