Trying to line up external audio clip with midi drum loop

EDT

1. I wanted to try to use a bass loop lifted from an audio track and line it up and manipulate it so that it will play in time with a midi drum loop.

2. I pasted the midi drum loop into Track 1 and set the project tempo to 85bpm. 

3. Pasted the audio clip into Track 2. Managed to get audio transients to show in the audio clip and moved them around manually so the bass (audio) plays in sync with the drums (midi).

4. Duplicated the bass clip so that it plays for as long as I want it to under the drums.

5. Bounced the adjusted audio clip.

6. Adjusted the project tempo to 120 and both tracks adjust. The audio (bass) track adjusts but it doesn't play in time with the drums anymore.

What I am I doing wrong?

How do you have the audio loop set to follow tempo? Is it a groove clip or did you set it to follow tempo using the audio snap pallet? If you bounced the audio clip that would loose the audio snap setting because you baked it in when you bounced. You would need to select the clip, before changing the tempo, open the audio snap pallet and select "clip follows project". Then change the tempo.  

You could also try bouncing it once you change tempo to see if that makes it render at the correct temp.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, thanks for the reply. I set it to follow tempo using the audiosnap palette. Is that not the best way to do this? I must admit I remain wholly confused about how to adjust clips from various sources so thay they line up and play in time with one another. It's ok using pre-loaded groove clips but as soon as I want to do the same thing using my own music I just can't get it to do the obvious.