Selecting clip issue

mgustavo

Hi! Recently I've had some issues on selecting audio clips, as Smart Tool won't select some clips, but it will select others!
I tried so find out if it was related to clips propeties, like Groove Clips or Audio Snap turned on, but I have no guess!
And sometimes even Select Tool and Move Tool won't select those clips, unless if I save the project and re-open it.

Also, there's a bounce to clips issue that add the rendered clip to the same layer (sometimes it's hard to notice, unless the gain gets higher).

Maybe  it's related to the last update?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Edited by mgustavo

Most often clip selection failure is due to having the track's Edit Filter set to something other than clips, but that wouldn't change with a restart.

Not sure I understand the bounce to clips issue. You're saying the new clips is created on top of the old clip instead of replacing it?

Hi, David Baay! Thanks for the reply!

In relation to Edit Filter's configuration it could do the trick but on this case I have short tunes on the same track, on Clips mode, so I guess it wouldn't resolve.

In relation to the bounce to clips issue yes, I'm using it to render the clip to itself and the gain gets higher, as well as the shape of the wave form. So when I check the track layers I see there are two clips on the same layer, so I move the old one and exclude it.

I can confirm the Bounce to clips issues. 

I select a bunch of clips (can be on different lanes) and do a bounce to clip.  Sometimes only a few (not all the selected clips) got bounced but the original clips are still there (sometimes on the very same layer/lane so you cant't really see, sometimes not) which results in a double gain level which can be seen on the Track view.

I work around by trail and error, select a  couple clips that seem to bounce ok together, and repeat with other clips.  SPlat does this too, btw, so an inherited issue from Sonar.

• Like 1