Updated Cakewalk now crashes on save

Percy Ferry

The new version of Cakewalk, just updated today. Crashes every time I try to save a file.
Windows 10 x64 - 8gb ram, i5 6th gen

Freezes upon saving. IFirst, it says (Not Responding) in the title bar.

I've tried to wait it out but eventually it just dies,image.thumb.png.7d810eee592995df07c76ddbf0fe13fe.png

9 hours ago, Percy Ferry said:

The new version of Cakewalk, just updated today. Crashes every time I try to save a file.
Windows 10 x64 - 8gb ram, i5 6th gen

Freezes upon saving. IFirst, it says (Not Responding) in the title bar.

I've tried to wait it out but eventually it just dies,image.thumb.png.7d810eee592995df07c76ddbf0fe13fe.png

Please try and capture a dump file for the crash and we can take a better look into what's going on. Details can be found here:

Crash dump(s). Further to op, cakewalk now crashes/freezes during playback also. Sometimes the file plays back erratically, very fast but missing some of the notes and some of the tracks.

I'm trying to upload crash dumps of between 700K and 817K and the uploader won't allow it "You ARE only allowed to upload 4.88 MB!"

So how else can I submit crash logs?

On 4/26/2020 at 2:04 AM, msmcleod said:

I've seen this happen when a virus checker or cloud sync program is trying to access Cakewalk files during the save.

Make sure your Cakewalk program & project directories are excluded from any virus checker/cloud sync to rule this out.

I've disable the folders from windows Security.
I am not syncing any files to the cloud right now. The problem, however, persists.

I'm unable to upload my DMP files as they are too large at around 700,000kb.

On 4/26/2020 at 12:31 AM, Jonathan Sasor said:

Please try and capture a dump file for the crash and we can take a better look into what's going on. Details can be found here:

Thanks Noel, but the dump files are way too big. The smallest is some 750MB, the largest is 817MB!

For whatever the worth, I have the newest general version, and do not experience such crashes, so perhaps some local environment interference at work, for those who are crashing on saving projects.

I have Windows 10, fully maintenance current, and use Avast antivirus software, with the Cakewalk folders in its Exceptions list, to ignore those folders in its scanning.

Bob Bone