Request to Bandlab for VST and New Pianos Acoustic plugins and effects of wave generators!

Johnny

Hello! Could someone tell me if it is possible for Cakewalk Bandllab in an eventual update to insert new plugs with Cakewalk extensions containing pianos and guitars with high quality samples and wave effect generators, I believe it would be another Up on DAW that would be marked! 😜

1 hour ago, Johnny said:

Hello! Could someone tell me if it is possible for Cakewalk Bandllab in an eventual update to insert new plugs with Cakewalk extensions containing pianos and guitars with high quality samples and wave effect generators, I believe it would be another Up on DAW that would be marked! 😜

If you are looking for Free instruments (such as piano + guitar VSTis) check this thread.  There are a few that are excellent, some of which are better than ones I paid for.

Johnny, I'm the user who started the thread that Brian linked to, and easy answer: just go register an account at IK Multimedia and get Sampletank 4 CS Free, then go to A|A|S and download Swatches and you'll have enough freeware sampled and modeled instrument content to keep you going for weeks, at which point go to Native Instruments and grab Komplete Start for free and get several more weeks' worth. Swatches has some great modeled guitars from A|A|S' Strum GS instrument.

There's a point to what I'm saying beyond just getting you good sounds, which is that while BandLab could look for partners to bundle the kind of instruments you're talking about, at this point,  just in the 2 years since the birth of Cakewalk by BandLab the music software picture has changed to the point that I'm not so sure that bundled instruments are as important as they once were. BandLab offer 4 freeware licensed DAW's. That's just one company. Too many other companies to list offer freeware plug-ins. I don't mean just one-person hobby coders and 2nd-tier outfits either, you can get freeware instruments and FX from industry powerhouses like the ones I mentioned earlier, plus iZotope, Meldaproduction, Steinberg....

CbB comes with TTS-1, which still works, still has some serviceable pianos and drumkits, and it comes with the Studio Instruments bundle. Piano, strings, drums, bass, it's enough to get someone started with writing songs and arranging.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

It would be great if cake would redo rapture pro.  As is it it is a good substitute for both dimension and rapture, but didn’t follow thru with new libraries, and it didn’t didn’t bring enough new synthesis tricks. When you can get Synthmaster with lib, wave table, fm and granular for around $100, there might not be enough demand for rap pro II at a price bandlab needs to charge.

ps, I still use at least one cake synth on most songs.  Love them.

Edited by Alan Tubbs
Agreement
  • Thanks 1

By a fluke, I had/have a registered account with the Cakewalk, Inc. zombieservers. Back in 2015 I took them up on a free offer of the CA/2A compressor plug-in.

In the years since CbB shipped I was able to parlay that account into a SONAR Home Studio license via an old offer they once ran with a magazine, and installed/uninstalled some demos and so have expanded CbB with Rapture Session (and a bunch of Rapture Pro sounds) and other content from the defunct Cakewalk, Inc. I am helpless against defects in the uninstall process. Helpless I tell you.

So I've played the lite verson, and it sounds so good I agree that Rapture Pro would be a shame to just leave sitting on the servers. And I wholeheartedly agree that any PC modules should be released from captivity ASAP. Rapture Session would be a nice thing to let loose, to go with the Si Series instruments.

• Like 1