Jump to content

Recommended Posts

hm... but I did not do any split. I merely finished a recording. 

Anyway: I thought it was a new bug.  But as it isn't, it  actually doesn't belong in this thread. So I'll stop here. Thanks for explaining! 👍

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@JensL - you may want to consider using Sound on Sound with Mute Previous takes.  I personally use this method because I don't want the auto-splitting of comp recording:

loop_recording_with_sos.gif
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You know, that's actually not too bad either. I can still comp as usual later on.  It seems it only gets a little cumbersome if I decide later on that I want to record additional takes on the same track.

 

Thanks a lot!!!

Edited by JensL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2020 at 11:27 PM, scook said:

Depends on what it meant by "play"

Here are a couple of threads that posed a similar question

 

I followed the advice for the first post, and I've found a bigger problem: I have no MIDI input device! How am I supposed to record anything without an input device? I do have electronic piano in my house, but I can't play it. What do I do now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are several ways to enter MIDI data mentioned in the second thread

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just came here to say that I'm absolutely loving the per-module presets in the ProChannel. Thank you so much for that one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, msmcleod said:

@JensL - you may want to consider using Sound on Sound with Mute Previous takes.  I personally use this method because I don't want the auto-splitting of comp recording:

loop_recording_with_sos.gif
 

I have to say your patient response here and informative explication , @msmcleod, has been an eye-opener for me! Somehow the "heal tool" and "mute previous" tips have eluded me as well, hiding in plain sight as they are!

Strange that, in the manual, it says, "The Mute Previous Takes option has no effect during loop recording."

I suppose that is meant to say that it is just on by default in this case?

Anyway, cheers for the unending valuable tidbits!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This new version is more stable for me.  I am not sure why. But I do not care.  I like the results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an issue (audio stopping frequently during playback) that may have started occurring only after updating to 2020.04. It would help if I could determine exactly when I did the update. Is there an installation log where I can find that? (And is there a way to roll back the 2020.04 update?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Gregory Phillips said:

I have an issue (audio stopping frequently during playback) that may have started occurring only after updating to 2020.04. It would help if I could determine exactly when I did the update. Is there an installation log where I can find that? (And is there a way to roll back the 2020.04 update?)

It's unlikely the 2020.04 update would be the cause if you're getting dropouts, but the details and a rollback installer available here:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found the following SMALL issues in the 2020.04 release:

  1. Sometimes when I select a range of clips and bounce, then an adjacent clip is also included, although it is clearly out of that range. Before I bounce this clip is also NOT marked as selected! I guess that probably there is a "micro"-overlap?
  2. The setting "Show Aim Assist Time" is always OFF when I reopen the project. It is a bit annoying, because I always like to have it ON.
  3. When I export a clip (via the right click menu) there is this "new feature": After the export the viewable section jumps to the NOW TIME! Very annoying when you forgot to set the now time somewhere in the visible area (to avoid it)!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, marled said:

I found the following SMALL issues in the 2020.04 release:

  1. Sometimes when I select a range of clips and bounce, then an adjacent clip is also included, although it is clearly out of that range. Before I bounce this clip is also NOT marked as selected! I guess that probably there is a "micro"-overlap?
  2. The setting "Show Aim Assist Time" is always OFF when I reopen the project. It is a bit annoying, because I always like to have it ON.
  3. When I export a clip (via the right click menu) there is this "new feature": After the export the viewable section jumps to the NOW TIME! Very annoying when you forgot to set the now time somewhere in the visible area (to avoid it)!

per #2, do you have a workspace set? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2020 at 8:16 PM, msmcleod said:

@JensL - you may want to consider using Sound on Sound with Mute Previous takes.  I personally use this method because I don't want the auto-splitting of comp recording:

loop_recording_with_sos.gif
 

@msmcleod - It seems that the "Heal tool" and "mute previous takes" suggestions you mention here, which were new to me, only work on audio clips.  Neither technique work (for me) when recording MIDI. Is this as intended??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

per #2, do you have a workspace set? 

No, I never have used workspaces! I ckecked also if I had not enabled a workspace accidentally, no!

But with some more trials I found out, that it does not happen every time. I tried with a couple of old projects and sometimes it was off, sometimes it was on. Even opening the same project had not always the same effect! Very strange! But it is definitely a "feature" of 2020.04. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, winkpain said:

@msmcleod - It seems that the "Heal tool" and "mute previous takes" suggestions you mention here, which were new to me, only work on audio clips.  Neither technique work (for me) when recording MIDI. Is this as intended??

I don't know if this is your intention, but maybe? If you want to "join" some MIDI clips to one, then simply select the clips and use "Bounce to Clip(s)" of the Clip menu!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, marled said:

No, I never have used workspaces! I ckecked also if I had not enabled a workspace accidentally, no!

But with some more trials I found out, that it does not happen every time. I tried with a couple of old projects and sometimes it was off, sometimes it was on. Even opening the same project had not always the same effect! Very strange! But it is definitely a "feature" of 2020.04. 😉

It happens the same to me. The status of the "aim assist time" seems to be randomly set on startup, but it happened also in the previous releases, not only in 2020.04

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, marled said:

I don't know if this is your intention, but maybe? If you want to "join" some MIDI clips to one, then simply select the clips and use "Bounce to Clip(s)" of the Clip menu!

Thanks for the response, @marled! But no, that's not what I was curious about. "Bounce to clip" is definitely in my common arsenal already.

In the cases outlined, it was more a curiosity as to why these clip tools don't work the same on MIDI as on audio. And more specifically, the "Mute previous takes" function.

If I want to have several go's at recording a looped section, creating several takes and not hearing the previous takes on each go 'round, how to do this when recording with MIDI/virtual instrument. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello.
How to uncheck Enable MIDI Output by default?
Sometimes, in the process of work, some instrument is loaded with the Enable MIDI Output function turned on and this is annoying to work.

 

qqq.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Maxim Vasilyev said:

How to uncheck Enable MIDI Output by default?

Use the Add Track menu. For some reason it never enables the option. To me it's a bug but it is also an expedient way to always have this feature disabled on synth insert.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...