Bias FX2 - input signal disappears on Cakewalk

Hi all,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this, new to the forum! Hoping someone will be able to help as I'm fairly new to using Cakewalk and I've spent all day trying to fix this issue! Not sure if it's a problem with Cakewalk, Bias FX2, or if it's just me being an idiot, but I'll attempt to explain as best I can.

So, I bought Bias FX2 today and wanted to record a few bits using some presets I made on there. Booted up Cakewalk as normal, created my mono instrument track as normal, added Bias FX2 into the FX chain exactly as I normally would do - suddenly, all of the audio goes. Other tracks (for example previously recorded or MP3s that I drop in to Cakewalk) still work, but my newly created guitar track no longer has any input volume on Cakewalk. Bias FX2 will show an input level, but there's no output on there, so I've got no idea what's going on. Input echo is switched on, so that's not a problem, but the moment I add Cakewalk to the FX chain the input signal disappears altogether on Cakewalk and moves over to Bias FX2, but there's no output there.  
Just to add to all of this, if I record on that track, suddenly Cakewalk shows an input signal AND records a waveform, but even in playback mode the track is still completely silent.

Nothing has changed with regard to drivers or my interface, everything is set up just as it has been for the last couple of weeks, problems only happen with Bias FX2, no other VSTs cause this issue.

Anyone got any advice at all? Layman's terms please, I'm only just getting started with this stuff! 

TL;DR: Bought Bias FX2. Trying to use as a VST in Cakewalk, but input signal goes when Bias FX added to track. Input signal still shows on Bias FX2.

Thanks in advance!