No output on channel recorded through ch 11 & 12 on Soundcraft 12MTK

Jack Hawk

I am using EZ Drummer running stand alone. I have the output  going through my sound card, and feeding into the only RCA in on my Soundcraft Signature 12MTK.  EZ Drummer tracks are getting to the input and recording, but not getting back to the master output, although they are setup to do so. I can only monitor at the mixer and must disengage the USB return to do so. Another note... this setup works fine in Studio One and behaves the way I expect. am I missing a setting somewhere in Cakewalk? Is the fact it's sharing a bus the issue. So far I am stumped as to why the signal never gets to the master out. Thoughts???

Thank You

Jackson

scook, thank you, that got me going... is this something that changed in CbB?   i.e. was it on by default in previous versions, because I never had this issue before, and likely noticed it right around the time things changed, but wasn't working as much as I have been lately until recently.  anyway, thank you, that was the tweak I was missing...

If you have the MTK version of the Soundcraft with full USB connectivity, why not use it as a sound device instead of going through a sound card ? There are drivers available and they're rock solid.

I have the MTK 22 version and can use it with Cakewalk no problem. 22 tracks in and 22 out, live or studio. I use it with a laptop.

Its a simple but very effective machine and the pre-amps are superb.

Jerry

Thanks Jeremy, I actually am using this as my sound device for everything except the drum programs. Not a huge midi person, so I run EZ drummer and Addictive Drums out through my onboard sound card, and back in through the SoundCraft. Then I lay down a drum track with my rhythm track. When I have a drummer available, I can have them over dub drums, but if not my drum track is finished. I have spent hours trying to finesse a drum track into a finished piece and prefer to work this way...

OK thats your work method. Me i would use the MTK as the only sound device,  playing back the Midi drums AND over dubbing real drums at the same time.

One thing you might not have considered is that you can’t use the ASIO Drivers of your Soundcraft for your method as that protocol doesn’t allow for 2 sound devices to operate at the same time.

Not criticism, just a thought !

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate the feedback. I'm not using ASIO on the on board card. While I'm not likely to change my method just now, I do like hearing how others work and do make adaptive changes in my methods when I run across an idea that really strikes me, and works for me. Thanks for your input.