Jump to content
Shubham Dubey

Piano roll chopper tool

Recommended Posts

I don't have found this thing in faq section or any where that's why I am asking that cackwalk has piano roll chopper tool or multiplicator or not if yes then how can I use of it what is the shortcut key of it in piano roll or I have to go where to use this tool basically I want to split notes in to 4 or 8 part if any other way has exist for done this kindly tell me I am eager to know asap ūüėĒ? I have also uplode image of chopper tool this thing fl studio has of someone don't understand i am asking about which thing then he or she can see that image kindly help me I am curious to know about it.

 

IMG-20200424-WA0000.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cakewalk has no tool for doing multiple splits at once like that.  But it's pretty quick and easy to split a note (or multiple selected notes of a chord) multiple times using Alt+Click with snap enabled at an appropriate resolution.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There used to be a "split every..." Command in a menu somewhere. I think it' still available - not in front of CbB to check though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kevin Perry said:

There used to be a "split every..." Command in a menu somewhere. I think it' still available - not in front of CbB to check though.

I was going to reply with something similar - i.e. using Split Clips with the new "Split Notes" option, however multiple splits are limited to 1 measure as the smallest value for multiple splits.

The only other alternative would be to write a CAL script.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Can you tell me how can I write CAL script for multiple splits notes I have to go where to use of multiple split of notes? By the way which thing I have to write in CAL script

 

 

 

Edited by Shubham Dubey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, David Baay said:

Cakewalk has no tool for doing multiple splits at once like that.  But it's pretty quick and easy to split a note (or multiple selected notes of a chord) multiple times using Alt+Click with snap enabled at an appropriate resolution.

 

 

Yeh I got it it's cool but when I have to split notes into 4 or 8 parts each note must have same proproption then what can I do if I used this way  then i am not able to split notes  with same proportion accurately ? By the way thank you

 

 

Edited by Shubham Dubey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snap should take care of that unless the note start time and length is random. I haven't ever needed a function like that, so not sure what goal is, except maybe to create a glitch effect...?

Drawing a series of notes with the pattern tool in the first place might be a better approach. Or using Step Sequencer...?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Shubham Dubey said:

Yeh I got it it's cool but when I have to split notes into 4 or 8 parts each note must have same proproption then what can I do if I used this way  then i am not able to split notes  with same proportion accurately ? By the way thank you

 

 

You need to set Snap¬†¬†to the desired value. Then you¬īll get perfectly cut notes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, notice that  if you set Snap to Ticks, you can cut your notes in almost any length.

  • Great Idea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Shubham Dubey said:

Can you tell me how can I write CAL script for multiple splits notes I have to go where to use of multiple split of notes? By the way which thing I have to write in CAL script

 

 

 

CAL scripts are typically created in Notepad  - the best way to learn is probably to take one of the existing CAL scripts and modify it.   A more comprehensive guide is available here:
http://members.ziggo.nl/t.valkenburgh/Cakewalk Application Language Programming Guide.pdf


The supplied CAL scripts can be found here:

C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Core\CAL Scripts

You probably want to look at DOUBLE.CAL ( which has examples of creating new notes) and LEGATO.CAL (which covers editing notes).
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...