Piano roll chopper tool

Shubham Dubey

I don't have found this thing in faq section or any where that's why I am asking that cackwalk has piano roll chopper tool or multiplicator or not if yes then how can I use of it what is the shortcut key of it in piano roll or I have to go where to use this tool basically I want to split notes in to 4 or 8 part if any other way has exist for done this kindly tell me I am eager to know asap 😔? I have also uplode image of chopper tool this thing fl studio has of someone don't understand i am asking about which thing then he or she can see that image kindly help me I am curious to know about it.

IMG-20200424-WA0000.jpg

5 hours ago, Kevin Perry said:

There used to be a "split every..." Command in a menu somewhere. I think it' still available - not in front of CbB to check though.

I was going to reply with something similar - i.e. using Split Clips with the new "Split Notes" option, however multiple splits are limited to 1 measure as the smallest value for multiple splits.

The only other alternative would be to write a CAL script.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, David Baay said:

Cakewalk has no tool for doing multiple splits at once like that.  But it's pretty quick and easy to split a note (or multiple selected notes of a chord) multiple times using Alt+Click with snap enabled at an appropriate resolution.

Yeh I got it it's cool but when I have to split notes into 4 or 8 parts each note must have same proproption then what can I do if I used this way  then i am not able to split notes  with same proportion accurately ? By the way thank you

Edited by Shubham Dubey

Snap should take care of that unless the note start time and length is random. I haven't ever needed a function like that, so not sure what goal is, except maybe to create a glitch effect...?

Drawing a series of notes with the pattern tool in the first place might be a better approach. Or using Step Sequencer...?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Shubham Dubey said:

Yeh I got it it's cool but when I have to split notes into 4 or 8 parts each note must have same proproption then what can I do if I used this way  then i am not able to split notes  with same proportion accurately ? By the way thank you

You need to set Snap  to the desired value. Then you´ll get perfectly cut notes.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Shubham Dubey said:

Can you tell me how can I write CAL script for multiple splits notes I have to go where to use of multiple split of notes? By the way which thing I have to write in CAL script

CAL scripts are typically created in Notepad  - the best way to learn is probably to take one of the existing CAL scripts and modify it.   A more comprehensive guide is available here:
http://members.ziggo.nl/t.valkenburgh/Cakewalk Application Language Programming Guide.pdf

The supplied CAL scripts can be found here:

C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Core\CAL Scripts

You probably want to look at DOUBLE.CAL ( which has examples of creating new notes) and LEGATO.CAL (which covers editing notes).

• Like 1