Simulate a vibrato in a flat voice

Rogério

Unlike the Melodyne's current option to reduce vibratos, I would like to know if is there any way to simulate a vibrato in a flat voice?

Usually, a sung note starts flat and at the end, it gradually increases a vibrato.
Would there be a plugin that would allow me to draw this vibrato that gradually increases at the end of the note?

Depending on the song, style, and length of note, I've used a freebie from meldaproduction.com called MVibrato that may give you what you want.  As you pointed out, it's best to use an automation curve to get the rise in vibrato just right which can easily be achieved by using write mode when playing back and manually manipulating the level of the vst.  Once this is done, you can rewrite the curve any way you want in the automation view.  I'm sure there are any number of tremelos or vibratos out there, usually free and found at KVR.   Good luck.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, Rogério Dec said:

is there any way to simulate a vibrato in a flat voice?

I'm guessing you don't have an old version of Sonar that included V-Vocal... it has a vibrato function that allows you to to ramp up the amplitude. It's pretty realistic if used carefully. It still works fine in CbB.

And thanks @Lynn for the pointer to meldaproduction.com. I thought I knew all the freebie sites, but this one's new to me. I just grabbed all their free plugins in the giant 275MB bundle... New Toys! 

• Like 1