Major mouse lag in *only one* Cakewalk project (wasn't like this yesterday)

So I've got this Logitech G602 wireless mouse and today in just one of my projects I'm finding that all the functions you'd perform w/ the mouse now have some pretty bad lag/latency. This project didn't have this problem yesterday, and no other projects are having this problem - just this one. This mouse is behaving 100% fine outside of Cakewalk and even in other Cakewalk projects except for this one particular project. In this one project everything from resizing windows and tracks to zooming in/out of audio clips now have some very annoying lag. When I zoom in/out of a waveform w/ the mouse wheel really quickly, after I let go of the scroll wheel the audio clip will still be zooming in/out or a little bit like it's catching up instead of stopping the zoom as soon as I stop scrolling/zooming.

Anyone know what's going on and how I can fix it? Again, mouse works fine outside of Cakewalk and even in other Cakewalk projects. Just this one Cakewalk project suddenly has this mouse lag now where it didn't have this problem yesterday.

Hmm, so what I'm seeing is that on just this one audio clip when I'm mousing around on just a portion (maybe 8 bars) of the clip this mouse lag shows up for the whole project, but when I'm mousing around further down the same exact clip the lag goes away. There's no plugins on the clip itself so no clue why just one little portion of the clip is causing mouse lag for the whole rest of the project. The heck's that all about? Why me? Why I always got this weird stuff happening to my stuff all the time lol