BUG: Sound Plays through Wrong Instruments

Biran4454

Question

Please fix this bug it is really annoying and I can't create anything without it being fixed!

There is a bug in this program where after the computer has been awoken from sleep or the project is re-opened then all (recorded or not) midi notes are played by a different midi instrument than the one it says is currently playing. When I click on the instrument tab it opens the wrong instrument settings and when the song is started the small level indicator lights up on different instruments than the one that was playing.

This is all really complicated but it is impossible to work with.

I have included a video.

If you need further system details please feel free to ask.

PLEASE FIX THIS SOON IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO WORK WITH

5 answers to this question

We fixed a bug a few days ago that would explain at least part of what you're describing, that is when hardware MIDI ports are removed or added, and you have multiple instances of the same synth, the VSTi synth assignment gets messed up.

But although this should fix the synth reassignment issue, I'm not sure all hardware MIDI devices will recover from sleep - it largely depends on their drivers.

This is because the internal hardware state of the MIDI devices might not match what Windows thinks their state is when woken up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, msmcleod said:

We fixed a bug a few days ago that would explain at least part of what you're describing, that is when hardware MIDI ports are removed or added, and you have multiple instances of the same synth, the VSTi synth assignment gets messed up.

But although this should fix the synth reassignment issue, I'm not sure all hardware MIDI devices will recover from sleep - it largely depends on their drivers.

This is because the internal hardware state of the MIDI devices might not match what Windows thinks their state is when woken up.

Thanks, but it has happened again just now when I save and re-open a file. All the instruments change around and some wierd background buzz seems to happen for all instruments, even if they are replaced or new ones created. I lost about 4-5 hours work to this though.

10 hours ago, msmcleod said:

1 hour ago, Biran4454 said:

Thanks, but it has happened again just now when I save and re-open a file. All the instruments change around and some wierd background buzz seems to happen for all instruments, even if they are replaced or new ones created. I lost about 4-5 hours work to this though.

Perhaps I wasn't clear - don't put your computer to sleep with Cakewalk open.

The background buzz is most likely the hardware being in one state, and the operating system thinking its in another.

The bug fix for the instrument assign has literally only gone live in the past few minutes.

On 4/24/2020 at 7:55 PM, msmcleod said:

Perhaps I wasn't clear - don't put your computer to sleep with Cakewalk open.

The background buzz is most likely the hardware being in one state, and the operating system thinking its in another.

The bug fix for the instrument assign has literally only gone live in the past few minutes.

OK, thanks. I'll update and see if the problem still occurs. Thanks :)