Scaler 2 Coming 27th May

Joeoss

24 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Looking good. Wonder what the upgrade cost will be from Scaler 1.

I'm curious as well.

Have been beta testing it for a while now myself and look forward to the actual release (honestly wish it was sooner, since my understanding it is ready...they are just trying to time the release)

I believe they said the upgrade cost shoudl be "reasonable" will have to see if they have the same definition I do.    😁

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, TerraSin said:

Heh, the whole reason I bought Scaler last year was because they were saying the update would be soon. I assumed we'd be getting it for free.

During the virtually only time they ran it on sale?  

They made comments suggeting buying it during that time vs. waiting for the actual release would not be more expensive.  

Everything I read suggested it woudl be a paid upgrade, but not more expensive as a total purchase price if purchased during the sale.  If you bought it at full retail, well that is unfortunate.  

The "release dates" so far...........Q3 2019........Q4 2019.......will be launched at NAMM.......FEB 20.......MAR 20.......definitely by end April 20......Now May 27th 20.

Forgive me if I refuse to get too excited just yet.

29 minutes ago, paulo said:

The "release dates" so far...........Q3 2019........Q4 2019.......will be launched at NAMM.......FEB 20.......MAR 20.......definitely by end April 20......Now May 27th 20.

Forgive me if I refuse to get too excited just yet.

With the company saying the plugin is ready...and Plugin Boutique putting a release date out.  Outside of another major covid market change, I think we can safely count on this one.    All prevoius announcments seems to have some unknowns with PB 's expectations.  

• 3 weeks later...

As they continued to promote regular Scaler 1 on the site, I wrote them to ask if there would be a free update if you bought it now.  A grace period. They didn't have an answer for me at the time.

But I see now that you do get a free update to Scaler 2 if you buy Scaler 1 between 5/13 and 5/26, which you can do HERE

Edited by Reid Rosefelt

6 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

As they continued to promote regular Scaler 1 on the site, I wrote them to ask if there would be a free update if you bought it now.  A grace period. They didn't have an answer for me at the time.

But I see now that you do get a free update to Scaler 2 if you buy Scaler 1 between 5/13 and 5/26, which you can do HERE

Which if the other statements made about upgrade pricing hold true, seems like the upgrade will be  pretty reasonable.  I was expecting a bump in price  for the product overall, but this grace period suggests a timeframe where you can actaully order the thing for $49.  

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

I was expecting a bump in price  for the product overall, but this grace period suggests a timeframe where you can actaully order the thing for $49

Is $49 the regular price for Scalar 1?

3 minutes ago, paulo said:

It is now, but no not really. You're still paying for the upgrade it just looks like it's free.

So it might be worth waiting to see if there's a sale later on (e.g. Black Friday/Christmas)?

5 minutes ago, antler said:

So it might be worth waiting to see if there's a sale later on (e.g. Black Friday/Christmas)?

Going by v1 there's a fair chance that the price will vary, but this does look like quite a big improvement so it may not reach the lows of v1. Who knows?

A selection of diary entries for 2020......

Jan 1st: I've just got a feeling that this is going to be my best year ever...

March 30th: I've just had to wipe my ***** with a pot noodle lid.....

April 30th: FFS! Just kill me now.............

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, antler said:

Is $49 the regular price for Scalar 1?

Yes, and I was only aware of one big price drop when it was out.  

Honestly I'd expect Scaler 2 to have an up-tick in price.  

I can't predict the future, but I'd personally expect $49 to be the new  discounted price (when it does go on sale) for Scaler 2.  Who knows though.  

I wouldn't say this about many programs, but seems like $49 is a reasonable price.      With Scaler 1 going on sale for $29 last year,   hopeful for a $20 upgrade  cost.

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 2