Intro to EZBass Video

cclarry

39 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

Looks very promising. Might be the best software bass instrument to ever hit the market.

Wonder if they have EZBrass and EZStrings in the pipeline.

Totally agree :)

I remember I asked XLN few years ago to provide functionality for AD2 to read audio and generate matched groove for accents.

This is direction I am always after :) 

Be able to avoid hard and tedious work with preparation tracks for instruments I cannot play at decent  quality and get it generated by program:)

Another instruments would be very, very welcome :)

So in 2040 all musicians replaced by AI and in 2050 all audience replaced by AI ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, cclarry said:

Pricing is $179 retail!

Same full retail price as EZKeys and EZDrummer 2.  Right now EZDrummer is 33% off, which I think is normal for Toontrack.  Good chance if you are willing to wait you should be able to pick this up for $120ish.  Less if you can order in GBP and have VAT removed.  For SD3's release Toontrack forced Time&Space to stop selling to US customers in non-US funds to avoid that currency discount.  But I don't think they are doing that any more, may have just been for the SD3 roll out.

• Like 2

I think they have made the best bass VI on the market, and probably ever. 

In some ways it works like a much more advanced version of the bass module in Orb Producer Suite.   

I want it, but for me one of the most fun parts of making music is creating my own bass parts.  I do't know if it wouldn't just be easier for me to play the bass part in myself.  But there's something to be said for getting it started with this and then customizing it.  Sure would save a lot of time.

To put it simply, I have never been a drummer, so I need drum apps.  I play piano pretty well, so I don't really need EZKeys, and have stopped buying expansions.  

But guitar is my main instrument in life, and yet I own a zillion guitar virtual instruments.  Maybe I will be relying more and more on bass libraries like this, even though I have played bass in bands.    But I would always like to choose the bass sound.

The ujam bass is a totally different thing.  Much better for jamming in my book.  Instant, quick and dirty, very satisfying results.  (Makes sense, the company is called ujam).  But this is head and shoulders above that for creating final bass parts for your tracks. 

Does anybody know if this is like EZKeys and the  MIDI can be used by any virtual instrument you own?  It would be nice to use all my favorite bass libraries.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

But guitar is my main instrument in life, and yet I own a zillion guitar virtual instruments.  Maybe I will be relying more and more on bass libraries like this, even though I have played bass in bands.    But I would always like to choose the bass sound.

bit off topic but I'm the same as you - a guitarist BUT try NI picked acoustic......not AI as such but amazing fun

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, simon said:

bit off topic but I'm the same as you - a guitarist BUT try NI picked acoustic......not AI as such but amazing fun

I feel like every guitar plugin I own has something to offer.  They can all do things I can't do, like hitting a harmonic on every note (!!), or playing exactly in time.
The NI Picked Acoustic, because of the voicings allows me to create chords I would have not idea how to play--very beautiful and inspiring.  Electric Sunburst Deluxe has the same feature.

But I have never heard a guitar VI that sounds like a real guitarist.  Even if it was 20 TB, it would not be possible IMHO.  An infinity of sounds. I've been thinking about doing a video about this topic. Once I get out from the hole I'm in with work, maybe I'll do it. 

The thing that comes closest to a real guitarist is Band-in-a-box, because it's just loops of a real guitarist arranged by an algorithm. Put it in a mix and it is damned realistic.  But not playable. 

So again, with this--it will never sound exactly like a real bassist.  But it will be able to do things most or even all real bassists can't do.

• Like 1