Drawing series of velocity events in Piano Roll

OldNick

Question

I am rusty.

I used to be able to use the draw tool to create a series of velocity events in the PV Controllers Pane. I can still do it with the standard MIDI controller list (Volume, Pan, Chorus etc), but not velocity. 

What is wrong? Has Velocity stopped being a controller, or am I missing something?

Thanks for any help

6 answers to this question

On 4/23/2020 at 8:23 PM, Nigel Mackay said:

If you mean in the Controller Pane below the PRV, it does work. If Velocity is not listed as an option, click the + sign and add it. (Next to Transform.)

And Velocity has never been a Controller, it is a property of the note event. 😀

Thanks for the reply, Nigel. Sorry for my slow response. I was expecting an email notification.

I realise that Velocity is a property of the note event. But I _think_ I remember being able to draw Velocity events in the Piano Roll Controller Pane in yonder days past. Velocity is shown in the Piano Roll Controller Pane in my project, but I tried following the instructions and nothing happened.

I am wondering if it has been dropped in favour of working in the Track Pane.

Edited by OldNick

On 4/23/2020 at 8:23 PM, Nigel Mackay said:

If you mean in the Controller Pane below the PRV, it does work. If Velocity is not listed as an option, click the + sign and add it. (Next to Transform.)

And Velocity has never been a Controller, it is a property of the note event. 😀

AHAH! It is coming back. Because the Velocity is a Note Event property, you can only alter existing "Controller" Events.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2020 at 12:00 PM, Nigel Mackay said:

BTW I don't get email notifications either.

HAH! I just realised what "Notify me of replies" means...when you come to the site, you can see you have notifications. :D

Edited by OldNick
  • Thanks 1