Kaby Lake?

Phoen1xPJ

1 hour ago, Jim Roseberry said:

I had two of the DSP Factory cards.

Another great piece of hardware from days gone by...

I just sold (2) DSP factory cards this week for about .10 cents on my old dollar.  Ouch - but it was real fun working with those and Sonar2.

11 hours ago, RBH said:

I just sold (2) DSP factory cards this week for about .10 cents on my old dollar.  Ouch - but it was real fun working with those and Sonar2.

I got nearly 20 years of use out of mine. I've actually still got 2 installed in my studio PC along with three AX44's and an AX16-AT ADAT card , but they only work on my Win7 32bit boot (which I've now removed).

It's amazing that its only recently that PC's are fast enough to do in the box what these cards could do on an old P166 with 64MB of RAM.

21 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

I got nearly 20 years of use out of mine. I've actually still got 2 installed in my studio PC along with three AX44's and an AX16-AT ADAT card , but they only work on my Win7 32bit boot (which I've now removed).

It's amazing that its only recently that PC's are fast enough to do in the box what these cards could do on an old P166 with 64MB of RAM.

Back then, having good sounding EQ and Dynamics on every Channel/Bus... along with quality Delay/Reverb was a real break-through.

It's funny how we (now) take all that for granted.  

On 2/7/2019 at 6:52 PM, RBH said:

I doubt those RME Hammerfalls are selling on the used market.   Some are using those adapters to keep them going.  If I could do it all over again I would have never bought the Yamaha SW1000XG at the turn of the century when I knew very little about audio hardware went with an RME unit.