UVI Keysuite Bundle Edition

cclarry

2 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I own KeySuite Acoustic and KeySuite Digital and it is $170.  Not much of a discount. 

I just wonder how much discount you get from their email for the upgrade in total? What does 170 mean? Cheers.

2 hours ago, ushio said:

I just wonder how much discount you get from their email for the upgrade in total? What does 170 mean? Cheers.

I didn't get an email, but there is a code for me on the site when I log in. 

The code is for a $170 discount from the intro price of $249.  So my price is $79.   That gives me KeySuite Electric, which lists for $199,  and their new Austrian Grand. 

KeySuite Electric was introduced at $149.  It lists at $199, so that means it will be available at $139 at the next UVI 30% sale. 

$79 is a good price.

6 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I didn't get an email, but there is a code for me on the site when I log in. 

The code is for a $170 discount from the intro price of $249.  So my price is $79.   That gives me KeySuite Electric, which lists for $199,  and their new Austrian Grand. 

KeySuite Electric was introduced at $149.  It lists at $199, so that means it will be available at $139 at the next UVI 30% sale. 

$79 is a good price.

I see. Thanks for that. :)

I own both Key Suite Acoustic and Key Suite Electric so I got the bundle for just €29. Getting both Key Suite Digital and the new Austrian Grand for the price of a haircut made it a total no-brainer.

One great thing about UVI for those of us living in Europe is that even though the amount in USD and EUR are the same (which might seem unfair for Europeans considering the normal difference in exchange rate) the euro price actually includes VAT. I haven’t seen any other European plug-in manufacturer do that. Way to go.

7 hours ago, Canopus said:

I own both Key Suite Acoustic and Key Suite Electric so I got the bundle for just €29. Getting both Key Suite Digital and the new Austrian Grand for the price of a haircut made it a total no-brainer.

One great thing about UVI for those of us living in Europe is that even though the amount in USD and EUR are the same (which might seem unfair for Europeans considering the normal difference in exchange rate) the euro price actually includes VAT. I haven’t seen any other European plug-in manufacturer do that. Way to go.

Do you like KeySuite Acoustic?  If you own Keyscape how do they compare?  

My experience with this series is that UVI goes for quantity and Spectrasonics goes for quality. 

My favorite, strangely enough, is KeySuite Digital, which I got for $50.   I love the sounds in it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Do you like KeySuite Acoustic?  If you own Keyscape how do they compare?  

My experience with this series is that UVI goes for quantity and Spectrasonics goes for quality. 

My favorite, strangely enough, is KeySuite Digital, which I got for $50.   I love the sounds in it.

Sorry, I don’t have Keyscape so I can’t compare. But as for the Key Suite Acoustic bundle I like in particular the F Grand (a Fazioli I guess). I often start from the IT Basic Dry preset and work my way from there. Since I bought that bundle in March last year the F Grand has more or less become my go-to grand piano alongside my three TrueKeys Pianos from VI Labs, as well as my 8DIO New 1928 Scoring Piano when it comes to more cinematic stuff.

I agree about the Key Suite Digital. That was the one suite I didn’t already have, and it was a positive surprise. I had expected some cheesy 1980’s lo-bit pianos, but after playing around with it today for a while the grin on my face started to get bigger and I can definitely see myself using some of its modules in the right context.

As for the new Austrian Grand (a Bösendorfer I guess) I wasn’t too impressed at first with any of the given presets thinking they were mostly too dark and soft, but once I found and turned on the Cinematic switch with in particular the AG Basic Dry preset loaded, I found a timbre that I liked a lot with an impressive low register. I can see myself use that a lot as a starting point going forward.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Canopus said:

Sorry, I don’t have Keyscape so I can’t compare. But as for the Key Suite Acoustic bundle I like in particular the F Grand (a Fazioli I guess). I often start from the IT Basic Dry preset and work my way from there. Since I bought that bundle in March last year the F Grand has more or less become my go-to grand piano alongside my three TrueKeys Pianos from VI Labs, as well as my 8DIO New 1928 Scoring Piano when it comes to more cinematic stuff.

I agree about the Key Suite Digital. That was the one suite I didn’t already have, and it was a positive surprise. I had expected some cheesy 1980’s lo-bit pianos, but after playing around with it today for a while the grin on my face started to get bigger and I can definitely see myself using some of its modules in the right context.

As for the new Austrian Grand (a Bösendorfer I guess) I wasn’t too impressed at first with any of the given presets thinking they were mostly too dark and soft, but once I found and turned on the Cinematic switch with in particular the AG Basic Dry preset loaded, I found a timbre that I liked a lot with an impressive low register. I can see myself use that a lot as a starting point going forward.

I'm sorry, I meant to ask you about whether you like KeySuite Electric.   I also like KeySuite Acoustic.  

I went through all the KeySuite Digital patches and put my favorites into a template.  The differences between them can be very subtle, but there are some really great ones.

10 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I'm sorry, I meant to ask you about whether you like KeySuite Electric.   I also like KeySuite Acoustic.  

I went through all the KeySuite Digital patches and put my favorites into a template.  The differences between them can be very subtle, but there are some really great ones.

I like Key Suite Electric as well. The wealth of instruments is a good thing. Not only do you get all the to-be-expected Rhodes and Wurlis from different periods, but you get a total of 63 different instruments to choose from. With all these instruments at your fingertips you would be hard-pressed not to find something that meets your needs. I mean, where else would you find a sampled Nippon Columbia from 1962?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Canopus said:

I like Key Suite Electric as well. The wealth of instruments is a good thing. Not only do you get all the to-be-expected Rhodes and Wurlis from different periods, but you get a total of 63 different instruments to choose from. With all these instruments at your fingertips you would be hard-pressed not to find something that meets your needs. I mean, where else would you find a sampled Nippon Columbia from 1962?

I decided to get it and am very happy. I do love a lot of the unusual sounds of all those KeySuite Electric instruments, but for me the big discovery was Austrian Grand.  I always feel like I have more pianos than I could ever use, but then something like Noire comes along that is truly different.  As soon as I tried this, I started writing a new song.  It was inspirational.  The same thing happened with some of the KeySuite Digital sounds too.

I always feel with most of my pianos that they lack a certain power that I want.  The grands are very subtle and are good for classical and subtle songwriting. The uprights sound like uprights. The supposedly rock grands just sound brighter to my ears, like they added high end to the regular patch.  This sounds muscular to me, if that makes any sense.  It has a little something I wanted that no other library has before.  After playing it, I thought back to their video that has all these different kinds of great musicians playing it in different styles and saying how much they like it.  I thought it was just hype, but now I don't think so at all.  I think this is really a great virtual instrument, one of UVI's best.  I hope they take it out of the Key Suite Bundle someday, because everybody should be able to get it without spending so much $$$$ 

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 2