All M-Themes and Splash Screens Pack (Updated for 2021.12)

Matthew White

Here are all my Themes and Splash Screens (yes you can change them too!) in one download, perfect for those who wish to try them all or get several updated Themes in one go without having to search them out.

This pack contains...

All 21 of my Themes (16 technically as a few have alternative options such as solid or segmented meters)

22 Splash Screens (The artwork itself isn't mine but are copyright free images, I added the text and made them the correct file size and type.)

1 'An introduction to Cakewalk Themes and how to use them in Cakewalk' guide. (PDF) (In the ‘Themes’ folder)

1 'How to change or make a Splash Screen image' guide. (PDF) (In the ‘Splash Screens’ folder)

1 Splash Screen Menu .jpg image to help you pick from the 22 ready made Splash Screens. (In the Splash Screens folder) (Nothing like this for Themes as I think it’s better to try them to choose which you like then just delete the Themes you don’t like)

1 'Read me' PDF

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Free download here.... M-Themes and Splash Screen Pack

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of my Themes are free, however, A combined total of around 150 hours, sometimes much more, goes in to creating each Theme I make, then there's more time spent to update them whenever BandLab makes changes or additions to the Cakewalk GUI to ensure any changed or new items display correctly and match the Theme, I also don't make all these Themes for myself, it's more of a hobby and to share the end results with the Cakewalk Community for their use and enjoyment at no charge, Any Tips/Donations via the following link for my time and efforts in creating and updating these are greatly appreciated, however small. Thank You! ❤️https://www.paypal.me/MatthewJohnWhite

Edited by Matthew White
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Now updated for the 'Insert', Delete' and 'Properties' buttons in the 'Meter/Key View'  introduced in build 175, These were updated as the default buttons don't show very clearly with dark Themes, if you don't use this view (or not bothered about them being faint) you need not update.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Matthew, I went back the both original themes (Tungsten and Mercury) and the Archive button is still being displayed incorrectly. I was assuming the Tungsten and Mercury are original. I'm not sure what to do to fix it if they are.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Roc

33 minutes ago, rocstudio said:

Hello Matthew, I went back the both original themes (Tungsten and Mercury) and the Archive button is still being displayed incorrectly. I was assuming the Tungsten and Mercury are original. I'm not sure what to do to fix it if they are.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Roc

Yes, I had this issue initially when they made this change, at the time I was unaware of the change and thought it was a bug due to the half button also showing in 'Tungsten' and 'Mercury', I found restarting Cakewalk after switching cured it for me. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I just started with Bandlab/Cakewalk and needed to immediately change the colors/fonts  etc.

I came across your themes on Internet Search.

I downloaded, unzipped it and put them in the Themes folder.

But the Preference UI and Theme Editor are not showing them.

I open Mercury Theme and made some trivial changes and saved it under a different name - Test1.

When I close and reopen  Cakewalk, I can see Mercury, Tungsten and Test1.

I can go that location under File Explorer (I am on Windows 10) and I see all the M*.sth files but they Cakewalk is not picking them up.

I am on Cakewalk Free 2021.12 Build 102, 64 Bit Version).

Any tips on what I might be the issue. It should be something small I am not catching it, or Cakewalk is doing some checks on these *.sth files and decided not to open.

Appreciate your help.

Sri.

P.S. This is my first post in this forum and 1-day with Cakewalk.

19 hours ago, Sridhar Raghavan said:

Hi

I just started with Bandlab/Cakewalk and needed to immediately change the colors/fonts  etc.

I came across your themes on Internet Search.

I downloaded, unzipped it and put them in the Themes folder.

But the Preference UI and Theme Editor are not showing them.

I open Mercury Theme and made some trivial changes and saved it under a different name - Test1.

When I close and reopen  Cakewalk, I can see Mercury, Tungsten and Test1.

I can go that location under File Explorer (I am on Windows 10) and I see all the M*.sth files but they Cakewalk is not picking them up.

I am on Cakewalk Free 2021.12 Build 102, 64 Bit Version).

Any tips on what I might be the issue. It should be something small I am not catching it, or Cakewalk is doing some checks on these *.sth files and decided not to open.

Appreciate your help.

Sri.

P.S. This is my first post in this forum and 1-day with Cakewalk.

Hi Sridhar, I have no idea why this is happening, does your 'Test1' theme show in the same folder as my Themes? If so, maybe try moving my themes to a different folder with Cakewalk closed then restart Cakewalk and select a different theme, then close Cakewalk and move my themes back to the Cakewalk Themes folder and try again, also be sure the .sth files are individually stored in the CakewalkContent/CakewalkThemes folder and not in another folder within this.

I think I've heard of this happening before with other themes but can't remember if there was a cure or where the post was about it, let me know how trying the above goes.

Edited by Matthew White

Matthews 

Thanks or your note and expressed thoughts. 

As I mentioned this does not make any logical sense.

I am convinced that this is some kind of "buggy behavior" originating in the Cakewalk code and naturally defies sound logic.

Black box testing, like the one you are suggesting cannot take me/you much far. Some one familiar with Cakewalk code, should accept this behavior and postulate a theory to drive testing and confirmation.

Yes, I am storing all the *.sth files individually.  The file system is seeing/showing  it without any issues - and any new theme I create using the Theme Editor also goes into the SAME directory and shows up later in the drop down list.   In Fact, I am even able to open one of your *.sth file from that directory in the Theme Editor.  BUt those files just do not SHOW UP in the Preferences Panel.

I hope you are  able to find a pathway for diagnosis and redress.

regards Sri.

On 2/5/2022 at 4:48 PM, Sridhar Raghavan said:

One day with the program and you already "need" to change colors and fonts. And since you're unable to install any custom themes you are "convinced" that it's "buggy behavior" that you've uncovered in "the Cakewalk code." Yet you're not aware that a custom Cakewalk theme can't change anything about the fonts, neither typeface nor size. Only colors and the look of many of the buttons (and some other art).

Although it's surely impossible that you overlooked something when reading and attempting to follow the directions, I'll sum them up here for others' sake: assuming you chose all the default paths during your Cakewalk installation, the folder where you should place themes is C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Themes. The behavior you describe suggests that the person installing them either neglected to move the .STH files from the .ZIP archive (although you say that you do see them individually) or placed the .STH files in the incorrect folder. Important note: the .STH files must not be in a subfolder of C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Themes.

If you check those conditions and find that all is in its place, the next step is to contact official Cakewalk by BandLab support. You'll find the link in the menus at the top of the forum window.

Starship Krupa

The tone of your comment is INTRIGUING.

It is not a question of how long I have been with Cakewalk, it is how long I have been with DAWS, how long I have existed on this planet,  what all things I have done in my career.  I will restrain myself from going further  on that Self-Glorification speech. 

As a piece of advice, this may sound uncalled for, but is necessary for me to say this, as you are posting on a community forum.

Do not mindlessly condescend and denigrate others based on your judgmental skews, however sound it might feel to you. It does not bode well. By default, assume that everyone is very intelligent, rigorous, respectful of others, especially value everyone's time. Treat them accordingly until you have accrued other substantiated reasons to diverge from it.  

All I would say is,  I am extremely rigorous, detailed oriented and immersed in advanced technology development in very deep and broader ways.  People like me, and I do not consider myself anything exceptional, just a norm, can surface issues in a jiffy just because of their experiential heritage.

The reason I need to change colors, fonts, contrast etc.. is because of cloudiness in my eyes and the need for better contrast.  It is not for "let me surface what flaws are there".  I have already said that I have done thorough diligence on my side, driven by the need, and also explained them clearly,  including reasons for my inference.  I have also expressed by inability, at least for now, for diagnosing this problem, and seeking other wisdom. 

I understand and respect Voluntary Labor of Love, Goodwill orientation of this forum.   All help is on an free will and optional basis.

But operating with personal and professional collegiality, courtesies are not optional. 

Sri.

• Haha 1
  • Meh 1

@Sridhar Raghavan,

Clearly something isn't right, because the behavior you're experiencing isn't normal. We'd like to help you resolve this but I think we're going to need more information. Could you share some screen shots? I'm thinking something like

• Cakewalk's Preferences > File > Folder Locations page;
  • The contents of C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Themes

These may show up something we can drill down on to find the root cause.

Colin

Appreciate your taking the time to post and offering to help. 

I will spend some time creating screen shots and post them for you here asap. 

But I might uninstall and reinstall, with all the default locations pointing to my D drive.  I know I can configure  things via Preferences, but it might open me to the risk of being on less travelled paths and  potential of lurking issues.  

D drive is where I have lot of space; the default C location is usually a NO-NO,  as like most people, I have formatted/partitioned as smaller drive for System/DLLS etc. and not for large amounts of Data. This is not an issue for now, as I still have plenty of space there as well - just do not prefer to have it there for too long. 

regards  Sri.