SOLVED (sort of) Midi Controller TTSSEQ Issues

Rob Bolling

So, like many folks, I have been having the MIDI stop recognizing input from my keyboard.

Mackie control keeps working but CbB stops recognizing midi data. 

The data is being generated by KB as verified by MIDI OX.

I shutdown CbB and delete TTSSEQ, restart, and recheck inputs and all works well...

For about 200 key presses of my midi keyboard then, nothing.

KB still sending midi info into the computer, Vitrual Controller working, piano roll working, Mackie Control working, just no midi input from, KB.

Tested with Akai Mini and Axiom 25.  Same behavior from both.

Searched forum, google everywhere I can think of, no joy. 

Could this be a new bug?  Does it on both 2020.1 and 2020.4 ER v2.

Flummoxed. 

Edited by Rob Bolling
SOlved

Does the controller present separate 'control' and 'performance' ports in MIDI Devices? Sounds like your control surface setup as taken over both. I've never used a controller that was both a contorl surface and a performance controller so not sure how that's normally handled in ACT.

Edit:  Added CbB screenshot as well.

Starting to suspect W10 update.  Midi OX started acting funny now.  Screenshot attached.  Trying to enable or disable the KB and this comes up.

Somehow I think they screwed up the memory allocation for Midi.

2020-04-22.png

2020-04-22 (1).png

Edited by Rob Bolling

I think I know what the midi-ox message is, but it is way too small. Is the second sentence what yours says (but with a different device)?

image.png.7752066d54412755620a6277d4b6173d.png

If so, in my experience it usually means that another piece of software is already using the device in a mode where only one device can use the driver.

Edited by User 905133
(3) to add "usually" as wiggle room in case someone has different experiences with those messages; (2) to reduce the size of the image; (1) to reduce ambiguity (I hope)

2 hours ago, Rob Bolling said:

It should blow up large enough to read if clicked on.

NOTHING but Midi OX is running when I get the message.

image.png.888635e5be55e304f59a39212bdd6d48.png

OK. Thanks. When I expand it 400% in MS Paint I can see that the answer to my question is yes.

Since you have nothing else running but MIDI-OX, my experience with this error message cannot help you.  Sorry. 

Maybe some one else has another suggestion that will help.  

Best wishes.

12 hours ago, User 905133 said:

When I expand it 400% in MS Paint

@User 905133 FYI: You can expand a posted image with just cliking few times.
After clicking the posted image, move the mouse cursor to the outside of the image and then return it (its a little bit hassle). Now you can see the mouse cursor will change to a magnifying glass (+). At that point, you can click on the image to open it in a new window and enlarge it to its original size with clicking.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HIBI said:

@User 905133 FYI: You can expand a posted image with just cliking few times.
After clicking the posted image, move the mouse cursor to the outside of the image and then return it (its a little bit hassle). Now you can see the mouse cursor will change to a magnifying glass (+). At that point, you can click on the image to open it in a new window and enlarge it to its original size with clicking.

image.png.36d992674b898975cc3409e779d1d69c.png    Tricky, but the arrow does indeed turn into a magnifying glass.  TY for that tip!!!!!!

• Like 1