UVI Introduces Product Portal

Canopus

Maybe not a deal per se, but definitely a big deal to me (and most likely anyone who has a lot of UVI products). And besides, as there isn’t yet any Software sub-forum here, where else would it be posted?

So, UVI has finally (as the last company like ever?) made a product portal where you can check for product updates. As the only way to detect updates previously has been to log in to your UVI account, check the last update date for each and every product you’ve got, and then manually download and install the updates, this will help a lot.

https://www.uvi.net/uvi-portal

And if this isn't such a big deal for you, well, it's free.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SWEET!  Finally!  Thanks for passing along Canopus.

Of note that it only checks official UVI products (not surprising), and I'm not sure if it checks the version of UVI Workstation.

It also doesn't gracefully handle products that are in multiple bundles.  For example, I had VV1, and upgraded to VV2.  Even though some of the products are actually installed in VV2, it claims they aren't in VV1.  Still some work to do (it is a version 1.01), but a great step.

Love the UVI products, but man their update procedures were bad.  

Edited by husker

Yes, having both Vintage Vault and Vintage Vault 2 myself, I’ve noticed that exact same thing. Also, the current download speed isn’t that impressive. I’m currently updating OB Legacy and, sure, it’s a 16.7 GB download. But I’m connected to a 100 Mbps network so a download should have been a matter of minutes. Instead the download speed is currently 1.5 MB/s with an estimated total time of 2 hours. But I suspect I’m not the only one running updates through the UVI Portal right now.

So there’s definitely room for improvements. But as one first step – great!