HELP !!

Dan Creed

Question

13 answers to this question

7 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Whoa, really? Workspaces can hide things from the user in Preferences?

"in Preferences" = ?????

I have just scratched the surface of Workspaces, but I haven't stumbled onto a method of hiding things from Preferences.   

I know we can "hide" functions that are normally accessed via the Control Bar, Views,  the UI, keyboard shortcuts, etc.  I am trying to imagine what can be hidden from Preferences.   

Edited by User 905133
To try to explain what I am confused about related to things hidden in Preferences.

5 minutes ago, James Argo said:

Yes, if you go into workspace manager, you can see you can control what to show in the GUI (including those in menu).

Is this an attempt to explain what Starship Krupa meant by "in Preferences?"  Or is this an attempt to tell Starship Krupa how to use Workspaces?

So far as I have seen, while we can "hide" many things, I am not sure we can hide things from Preferences.

For example, in the following I have hidden Modules so they are not available to be shown in the Control Bar.

image.thumb.png.9bda5e4ec5d269f10964547c1c7c4ad7.png

I have used Workspaces that have all sorts of different personal preferences--meters, UI, Views, keyboard shortcuts, etc.

However, I cannot figure out how to make things that appear in the Preferences dialogs not show up in Preferences.

7 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Whoa, really? Workspaces can hide things from the user in Preferences? [emphasis added]

The online documentation states, "Cakewalk includes several factory Workspaces to get you started, and you can create your own custom Workspaces based on your personal preferences."  [emphasis added]

"Preferences" [the Preferences dialog system] <> "preferences" [personal workflow choices.

Edited by User 905133

1 minute ago, User 905133 said:

Is this an attempt to explain what Starship Krupa meant by "in Preferences?"  Or is this an attempt to tell Starship Krupa how to use Workspaces?

The original question was about asking why the "Surround" page disappear from Preferences --> Project.
If you use workspace that does not include  "Surround" (in "Show in the GUI" on workspace manager), then the surround will disappear from the Preferences.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, James Argo said:

If you use workspace that does not include  "Surround" (in "Show in the GUI" on workspace manager), then the surround will disappear from the Preferences.

Whoa!!! I have been impressed with the power (and potential) of Workspaces; but they really are "All Powerful."  Thanks for explaining how they can even affect what shows up in the Preferences dialog system. 

Edited by User 905133