Guitar Center Distribution Center Shut Down

Mandolin Picker

If you recently ordered something from Guitar Center, Musician's Friend or Woodwind&Brasswind.com, you may not get your order. The warehouse has been shut down by Kansas City Health Department.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Is Guitar Centre an “essential” business? Not according to the Kansas City Health Department. After defying the city’s stay-at-home order by continuing business in its 700,000 square-foot warehouse, the retailer was ordered by Kansas City Health officials to suspend further operations. That’s according to Music Trades News.

The industry publication reported that Kansas City code enforcement personnel, along with the Kansas City police, had to show up to the instrument retailer’s warehouse to shut down all activities. The stay-at-home order issued by Mayor Quinton Lucas on the 24th of March to battle the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, allows only “essential” businesses to carry on running. It appears that the company was in violation of that order.

https://www.gearnews.com/is-guitar-centre-finally-headed-for-insolvency/

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

I think that they will have legal recourse, as they are an online provider, and as such can continue to 
operate.  Also, being a "Warehouse Operation" and not open to the pubic, that's further vindication
We'll see how this plays out...

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I think that they will have legal recourse, as they are an online provider, and as such can continue to 
operate.  Also, being a "Warehouse Operation" and not open to the pubic, that's further vindication
We'll see how this plays out...

Agreed, and also G.A.S might now be listed in the DSM-5 (not sure, as I didn't persue a PHD in Psyhology).  If pharmacies are considered an essential business...those that provide other "cures" should follow under the same umbrella.     

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I need some audio cables to hook up my AXE to my mixer.  I don't want to order that online with a GC less than 10 miles away.  If you are a wind player you can't get valve or key oil and reeds.  Sam Ash is also closed.

Guitar center cables are a rip off.  If you are getting cables of any decent quality...even ebay would be a better alternative at this point.  

If you are buying junk with plastic molded ends then yes, GC provides that quick fix for not much more than the cost of shipping.

6 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Guitar center cables are a rip off.  If you are getting cables of any decent quality...even ebay would be a better alternative at this point.  

If you are buying junk with plastic molded ends then yes, GC provides that quick fix for not much more than the cost of shipping.

That's not what I meant.   They have assortment of cables.