ASUS (not Gigabyte)

synkrotron

3 minutes ago, synkrotron said:

Never did get to like chicken pie. Over here they always tend to pair chicken with mushroom and as much as I like me mushrooms I hate it when they put them in pies...

My wife would agree with you on that. Now me I can have mushrooms on anything.

38 minutes ago, synkrotron said:

Never did get to like chicken pie. Over here they always tend to pair chicken with mushroom and as much as I like me mushrooms I hate it when they put them in pies...

Yeah I'm with you there. Never had any kind of pie with mushrooms in it that wouldn't have been better without them.

10 hours ago, synkrotron said:

image.png.9314cc88c850dc2dc1110ce61fa110b2.png

Stuck it at the back of my computer desk... Not sure about the aesthetic but it works for the cables...

Hmm...  Well, I can see something you'll want to address.  It's obvious you need a larger monitor (or a few).  

image.png.81b38c22ebe4a1d0ef3c003bec9abb06.png

Here's an example from one of CJ's studios.  Note that you can't see the tower hidden behind, ya?  😀

• Haha 1

Meanwhile, it's Saturday night and I'm discussing the merits of various pies with people I'm never likely to meet. 

If  my 20 yr old self could see me now I'm sure he'd have something to say about that.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, paulo said:

Meanwhile, it's Saturday night and I'm discussing the merits of various pies with people I'm never likely to meet. 

If  my 20 yr old self could see me now I'm sure he'd have something to say about that.

A very good point.

10 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

After the American Pie Movie

Fortunately I have never watched that particular historical documentary, so I'm okay with apple pie, so long as it isn't adulterated with fecking raisins, FFS. I mean, what do raisins bring to the party? 

36 minutes ago, synkrotron said:

I was thinking of getting a smaller one so I can see my little tower...

What about the Microsoft glases and skip the monitor. You can have your tower as a background of Cakewalk. You could even stedy without really doing it...

Edited by ØSkald

10 hours ago, synkrotron said:

Haha! Oh, them pies... I ate 'em :D

That i9 CPU just ain't getting warm yet... Got to give it some welly at some point over the next few days...

Try running Prime95 AVX loads with the small FFT torture test.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPZY3JuKbvlQnEd3tEj4PAmykEm3zTkzDRRkPXw

This is on an i5-9600K that I use for web browsing. I ran a similar test on the 9900K overnight and reached 103C but no critical events or errors.

Bad link, it is not shared

Edited by Jim Hurley

1 hour ago, Jim Hurley said:

Try running Prime95 AVX loads with the small FFT torture test.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPZY3JuKbvlQnEd3tEj4PAmykEm3zTkzDRRkPXw

This is on an i5-9600K that I use for web browsing. I ran a similar test on the 9900K overnight and reached 103C but no critical events or errors.

Hiya Jim,

I got this when clicking on that link:-

image.png.77400ee08a41db407c41ce111dae4cc2.png

I'll Google Prime95, see what that brings up.

cheers

andy