ASUS (not Gigabyte)

synkrotron

On 2/18/2019 at 10:47 AM, synkrotron said:

Trigger Pulled

Case
BE QUIET! DARK BASE PRO 900 FULL TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i9 Eight Core Processor i9-9900K (3.6GHz) 16MB Cache

Get Just Cause 4, PUBG & More w/ select Intel CPUs!

Motherboard = ASUS® ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING: ATX, LGA1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs, WIFI - RGB Ready
Memory (RAM) = 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2666MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card = INTEGRATED GRAPHICS ACCELERATOR
1st Storage Drive = NOT REQUIRED
1st M.2 SSD Drive = 500GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3200MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive = NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply = CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Processor Cooling = Noctua NH-U14S Ultra Quiet Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste = COOLER MASTER MASTERGEL MAKER THERMAL COMPOUND
Sound Card = ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking = 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB/Thunderbolt Options = MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System = Genuine Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [MUP-00003]

The company I am buying the above from does not have my preferred options for the main data drive of the graphics card so I am sourcing those from elsewhere. Graphics card will more than likely be an ASUS GeForce GTX 1050Ti ROG STRIX 4GB GDDR5. I am considering using my Samsung 1TB 850 Pro out of my laptop for te data drive but that may change, but it has to be a Samsung Pro.

So, the waiting begins...

It sounds great and I hope you have it soon. I think you are getting a great computer. 

• Like 1

Well, it arrived. Weighs a tonne... Never had a full tower before!

I only had time to verify that it switches on then I had to get back to other stuff. It was my youngest son's birthday yesterday (currently half past midnight here in the UK) and, of course, I had to be in attendance.

I managed to jump back to it about ninety minutes ago and I am currently, and very slowly, installing stuff and changing settings to suit. I also installed the GPU, which wasn't fitted during the main build. That appears to be okay and I am seeing if I have time to download a game to test it out.

Plugged in my two OCTA-CAPTUREs and although I haven't installed a DAW yet, I can at least confirm that they function as audio devices.

So much to do... I'll be back in about a week with some pics O.o

Not that there is much to see...

• Like 1

Haha!

Well, besides the M.2 NVMe drive, which contains the OS, I opted for a cheap and cheerful Samsung 1TB QVO drive, despite its bad write-ups.

Perhaps I should have a look at removing those hard drive bays :D

Doesn't seem to get warm enough to keep my pies warm...