Problem - Changing plug-in preset on one track changes it for another (and vice-versa)

André

Hey there, 

I'm building a beat at the moment and I'm having a problem switching presets on a plug in called DrumPro 64. Basically, I have two seperate tracks using the same plug in, the problem is that when I select a different kit under Track2, it applies the change to the pattern I've already put down on Track1. I've only just started using this DAW so I presume it's something that I'm doing wrong. Does anybody know why I can't use the same plug-in on multiple tracks without affecting them all?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure what you mean? The method that I'm trying to employ works in Logic (the DAW): one plug-in duplicated across two different tracks. On one track it is set to preset1 (to create one snare sound) and  on the other track it is set to preset8 (to create another snare sound).

However as I try the same method in Cakewalk the plug-in is present on both tracks but when I try switch presets on one track it applies changes to both. 

Would you be kind enough explain what you mean for a noob like me. It can't be that I am limited to altering the settings of a plug-in once per project, surely.

Edited by André