Can only record at 16-bit depth

gstring

I'm running Cakewalk Bandlab. My audio interface (NI Komplete Audio 2) is set at 24-bit 48KHz sample rate, but all audio records in CBL at 16-bit depth, yet when I record in Studio Lab or Project 5, the audio always records at 24-bit depth. The Audio Driver Bit Depth setting is grayed out in CBL Audio Driver Settings so I can't make any change there to the setting, but it displays as being 24. I'm using NI's ASIO drivers. Native Instrument's Komplete Audio Control Panel allows me to set the buffer size and sample rate, but there is nothing to set the bit depth. Windows 10 Sound Control panel has the interface set to play and record at 24-bit 48 KHz. I've tried deleting the aud.ini file and resetting to default values, but to no avail. 

This problem has only developed recently; when I open older projects, I see that all audio files are 24-bit. I'm stumped. Any ideas?

26 minutes ago, gstring said:

he Audio Driver Bit Depth setting is grayed out in CBL Audio Driver Settings so I can't make any change there to the setting, but it displays as being 24.

Many ASIO drivers work at one bit depth. Most often 24 bit.

The Audio Driver Bit Depth setting displays 24, but my recorded tracks are 16-bit resolution in CBL. I get 24-bit recordings in all other programs with the same audio interface. I've tried 3 different audio interfaces now with the same result. The problem seems to be in CBL.

• 2 years later...