[Please Delete] Problem Caused by me 100%

Ian

EDIT: 

Turns out this is my fault. I have worked with hundreds of projects and somehow accidentally saved the actual most recent version of this project into the cakewalk core project templates folder. The version I've been asking about in my post is actually a very early version but it somehow still had all the audio files of the new one. I don't get what I did here but at least things are fine now!

No work has been lost and the project file is not corrupt, and there was no bug.

I just opened a CWP project file of my nearly finished song and everything is gone.

• The project file is still over 3mb so the data is definitely in there somewhere. As the project looks now in Cakewalk, it should be only 500kb or so.
  • All the project audio (51 wav files) is still in audio folder
  • All the tracks that were associated with the audio files are missing from project now
  • 99% of the midi data from the project is gone too. It's almost like I opened a template instead of a project.
  • Most of the missing tracks are instrument tracks (kontakt etc) that were frozen. They're all gone now.

I've tried using "Show Hidden Tracks" and nothing shows up.. nothing is hidden.

This is a track for a music library and I'm freaking out right now. I thought I had backups but somehow I do not have any backup project files for this one. Ironic, since all my other songs have many backup copies saved.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated. Can I recover this project somehow?

Edited by Ian

Hi Mark,

It is set to none already. I tired switching to something and then back to none and still everything is missing.

Another thing to note is that it's not even loading the instrument tracks for frozen synths. It's like, because they were frozen, it decided to just ignore those when loading.

Tracks don't show up in track manager either. It's like they've all been deleted, along with all midi data, etc.

However, I'm still holding out hope since the project file is still 3.3MB

Edited by Ian

Hi - while we could delete your post - I think leaving it out there might help someone else, should they manage to do something similar, there have been hundreds, if not thousands, of such "DOH!" posts, (I certainly have put forth a healthy trail of them, over the years), and a lot of times, when such a post appears, others (me too), frequently - and sheepishly - confess to having done that same thing, so I think it makes good sense to leave this out there.

Kewl?

Bob Bone

Edited by Robert Bone
just fancied up my 'DOH'
  • Like 1