Cakewalk setup fail - SOLVED

spacekid.90

Question

Hi everyone,

I recently reset my Windows 10 Home and tried to install Cakewalk again. 

As you see in the picture  it was "Unable to register the DLL/OCX:RegSvr32 failed with exit code 0x3"

Could it be some k?ind of driver is missing

Thank you,

Space Kid

Cakewalk setup.png

Edited by spacekid.90

9 answers to this question

Yes, "fully patched" means "up-to-date the Windows".
ARM64 is not needed for desktop PCs, so please install x64 and x86 and then try to reinstall Cakewalk (Just in case, after reboot your PC).

Edited by HIBI
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, HIBI said:

Yes, "fully patched" means "up-to-date the Windows".
ARM64 is not needed for desktop PCs, so please install x64 and x86 and then try to reinstall Cakewalk (Just in case, after reboot your PC).

Thank you very much for your support, HIBI! A appreciate it :)

On 4/21/2020 at 2:55 PM, spacekid.90 said:

Re-installing the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime 2015-2019 worked. 

Thank you soo much!! 

Great news you are back in business - can you please edit the subject line of your initial post, and add something like "Solved"?  That way, folks that are trying to help can skip reading down through the posts, and it will help folks having a similar issue see that this thread has a solution to the issue.

Thanks! :)

Bob Bone

• Great Idea 1

16 hours ago, Robert Bone said:

Great news you are back in business - can you please edit the subject line of your initial post, and add something like "Solved"?  That way, folks that are trying to help can skip reading down through the posts, and it will help folks having a similar issue see that this thread has a solution to the issue.

Thanks! :)

Bob Bone

Hi Bob Bone!  Thanks for the advice. Just did that! :) 

Edited by spacekid.90
  • Thanks 1

On 5/11/2020 at 1:14 AM, DIDAZNE said:

no, it did not work I have tried about 10 solutions and nothing even update the windows and I do not think it is time to let go to the cakewalk cough cough shit cough cough

Hi DIDAZNE :) 

You may have tried this but here's what I did:

I installed both  vc_redist.x86.exe  vc_redist.x64.exe from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

It worked for me when I closed everything, installed the given exe's and restarted the PC when it prompted me.

Please note it did not work when I restarted the PC manually later on!

Also, you could try to "repair" the program if you have already installed it and it still does not work. Click in the "exe" files and follow the wizard to "repair" and restart.

I hope this helps :) 

Cheers,

spacekid.90