Proposals to improve Cakewalk

Elmer

Good evening I don't know if this is the right place for these requests but I try anyway.

I wanted to propose some changes that could improve Cakewalk:

1) A move to the new WinUI library to have a modern interface, better performance and ready for new devices. Or a switch to the QT library to also have potential cross-platform support.

2) An interface with 60 fixed frames as in the other DAWs for a better user experience.

3) Use the GPU for processing the user interface and also the possibility of using it in rendering as in video editing programs.

4) Better MIDI and MIDI CC editing.

5) The possibility of being able to set all the settings to the factory settings.

I apologize for my bad english but I used google translator. I hope some proposals are accepted. Good evening.

Edited by Elmer
  • Meh 1

On 4/22/2020 at 1:22 AM, Elmer said:

6) Remove the settings: 64-bit double precision engine...

...Why would a person not want to use all the cores of his CPU, divide the load of his plugins into all the cores and have an engine with greater precision?

I apologize for my bad english but I used google translator. I hope some proposals are accepted. Good evening.

NO

I have it turned off because for some reason my hardware couldn't handle it and would render garbage with it on. If you remove this, the app will become unusable for me. These options are there for legacy hardware support.